What would you do.?

Started by Scrumpy, April 21, 2024, 09:09:38 AM

« previous - next »

Vlad

Quote from: Raven on April 23, 2024, 01:07:02 PMI got a phone call around 2am from the police around 30 years ago, they had picked up my son on his way home from the dancing.....or whatever his generation called it. Himself and another lad were rowing and near to the blows bit, when the police spotted them and arrested them. I had to go down and bail the young scunner out, I was boiling, give him his due he never did it again.....or never got caught.
Never got caught again more than likely 😀😀
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Raven

Quote from: Vlad on April 23, 2024, 01:30:11 PMNever got caught again more than likely 😀😀

Aye, Dave was no angel back then.  :rolleyes:

Scrumpy

I remember the police coming to my door . 'We are holding Harry in the cells overnight.. Just for his own safety.. thought you would like to know'

Harry was my first husband.. Well known in the town and around the pubs..
 How different the police were back then..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 23, 2024, 01:27:31 PMJust checked and it was raised from 70 to 75 in England and Wales in 2016. I'm 75 in December so I could still get called but haven't so far so i'm reckoning the odds are that I won't be,
I think if I got called, I'd pretend to be doolally.  
They'll politely tell me that I shall not be needed.

Er, hang on.  Do they pay you 'expenses' for attending?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on April 23, 2024, 06:31:11 PMI think if I got called, I'd pretend to be doolally.
Oddly I'd been thinking the same thing. Shouldn't be hard  :grin:

Cassandra

I retired at age 70 from the upper echelons nearly ten years ago now. The punctilious suits then raised this to back to 75 o fit in with Jurists. In truth they had few enough to fill the benches as it was and were force to admit same!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

But do they pay expenses to jurors?

I am a very busy retired person who, thanks to my wife's demands, find difficulty in setting aside time for extra-familial duties outside of the home.

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on April 23, 2024, 01:27:31 PMJust checked and it was raised from 70 to 75 in England and Wales in 2016. I'm 75 in December so I could still get called but haven't so far so i'm reckoning the odds are that I won't be,
I was called last year, but I was too old, so declined.  I'd have done it if I had been younger. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

I was called but was too old. Veronica was called and we had to get a GP's letter confirming that her disability made it impractical for her to attend.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

JBR

Actually, I can well understand that they prefer to call up older people.
Generation Z are all like little children now, so they'd be stupid to put them on a jury.

Scrumpy

I would love to do jury service..
A nice juicy case.. like an MP or Royal found in a fast woman's boudoir tied to the knobs of a brass bed ...
Wearing a tutu and lipstick.. Squealing with delight..

The police being called because of the disturbance..

Cassandra.. In your very interesting court cases have you attended any similar to this.?
 Please tell.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 24, 2024, 05:20:50 PMI would love to do jury service..
A nice juicy case.. like an MP or Royal found in a fast woman's boudoir tied to the knobs of a brass bed ...
Wearing a tutu and lipstick.. Squealing with delight..

The police being called because of the disturbance..

Cassandra.. In your very interesting court cases have you attended any similar to this.?
 Please tell..

You're absolutely right.
If it was the trial of an 'appropriate' person, I'd love to participate.
I'd definitely vote for imprisonment, or better still the noose, even without bothering to hear any evidence!
😠😠😠

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on April 24, 2024, 09:01:00 AMWhat exactly happened?
I got a letter calling me for jury service. Wrote back that I was 78 - end of story got an acknowledgement that I was not liable,
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike