spring flowers.

Started by alfred, February 09, 2022, 01:16:56 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Although were still in winter and spring isn't due for a little while , when it comes to planting plants or flowers what do you buy from the nurseries to plant for insects like bee's  and butterflies, to attract them to your garden,

i have several hot lips plants but am thinking more of alternative plants to attract these beautiful insects . so what alternative plants would you recommend ,

Michael Rolls

Sadly, my knowledge of such matters is infinitesimal. Veronica used to sort out such matters, whilst, in the words of Tennessee Ernie Ford, I  supplied 'a back that's strong and a mind that's weak:
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

zoony

Alfred. I 'decided' to let my garden re-wild when I was ill 2/3/4 years ago now. The number of self-sown species is surprising and of course, they're self-perpetuating so just get on with it..more every year.. :grin:

klondike

Same here. As they grow in the cracks in block paving I do go in for a bit of culling every so often though.

Alex

I say each year "no more pots" but eventually I add to my collection  :grin:

GrannyMac

Flowering shrubs, permanently planted bulbs, and a few pots of geraniumsand the like in summer.  The cyclamen are looking lovely atm.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖