Charities

Started by Michael Rolls, November 23, 2022, 03:21:44 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

One effect of inflation and the shocking increase in electricity prices is that I can no longer support my various charities to the level that I have done in previous years. Were I to do so I would be in the red every month. I feel guilty about I but, needs must when the devil (aka Chancellor the Exchequer, Vladmir Putin, and successive government failures to plan energy policy) drives.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

I know it sounds harsh but, charity has to start at home. If there is money left to give to them then that's fine. A little bit less each month is better than nothing at all.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Diasi

My monthly donation to the Conservative Party, my annual membership fee & my Conservative Party Lottery subscriptions now go to the charities I support.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Charities are fine until they get greedy.. and many do..
Some badger for increased subscriptions.. 
 I do the Lottery.. Some of this goes toward helping many charities..
I buy from charity shops.. If the mood takes me I will put money into a tin..
I was in a tea room in London.. on my bill they had added an amount to a charity.. I asked them to remove it.. adding it was my choice whether I would like to donate to any charity , not theirs .. 
I am not tight nor mean spirited but I control my own money..  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

When I volunteered in a charity shop I would often ask people who brought stuff in if they were willing to sign a gift aid form so that the charity could claim the income tax back.  Most people were happy to do that but I did advise the donors to tick the box saying that they did not wish to be contacted because otherwise they would probably receive a phone call asking for money.

Alex

I'll carry on donating as I've done for years, it's not a large amount but every little helps !    :smiley:

Michael Rolls

absolutely - I have a few small monthly SOs which I am keeping up. Month by month they don't amount to much, but over a year they add up. What I have had to cut back on are the occasional one-offs of larger amounts
[email protected]

GrannyMac

We'll keep on our monthly donation, its fairly small.

I've upped my hours in the charity shop, all the local charity shops are advertising for volunteers. I enjoy it there, our numbers have dwindled since lockdown, but our takings haven't. Its a busy shop, the paid staff work really hard, and are so appreciative of our help.  It's nice to feel useful.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖