Russian Gas. Just Curious.

Started by Raven, November 23, 2022, 02:55:16 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Germany has worked like crazy since Russia pulled the plug, and now they are no longer reliant on it. I was wondering what will happen to all the gas being stored now it's not being sold. Maybe after the war it will be up for grabs cheap. What do you think?

BBC News - Ukraine war: How Germany ended reliance on Russian gas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63709352

Michael Rolls

would that our politicians displayed the same sense of urgency on planning energy safety. Given Germany's track record I am surprised at how well they are meeting the problem.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

It's surprising what a government can do if/when the need arises. They put their differences aside and got on with it. Pity ours don't do the same with getting our country back up on it's feet.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

A certain amount of Russian gas is being sold to a third country and being taken here and there until it is no longer Russian.

klondike

One of the two Russian gas pipelines was damaged. It is probably repairable but the politics will stop direct purchase anyway.

I'm no expert but I think I read that the Russians have neither the plant nor the skills to build one to liquify their gas. Their economy is almost entirely reliant on natural resource export but the plant that facilitates that is mostly western built and sanctions mean that none of it is getting maintained. Unless the sanctions are lifted there will soon be no spare Russian gas or anything else.

Still I suppose we'll be giving them foreign aid and taking them in as asylum seekers soon so no need for them to worry.

Raven

Russian migrants, hells bells Putin on a dinghy. [1080]

klondike

At least we are prepared.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/11/23/uk-government-holding-emergency-meetings-over-coming-winter-energy-shortages/

Well at least the BBC will be with their emergency radio broadcasts telling the public to refrain from calling the emergency services during the days long blackouts.

So real is the threat to the country that its state-owned broadcaster, the BBC, is now even reportedly preparing secret scripts for emergency radio broadcasts during such blackouts, which at worst could last up to two days.

"The government has said it's hoped power will be restored in the next 36 to 48 hours," one secret script supposedly reads. "Different parts of Britain will start to receive intermittent supplies before then."

Another script reportedly tells listeners that the UK's emergency services are under "extreme pressure", and that they should not be contracted by members of the public "unless absolutely necessary".

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on November 23, 2022, 04:29:25 PMOne of the two Russian gas pipelines was damaged. It is probably repairable but the politics will stop direct purchase anyway.

I'm no expert but I think I read that the Russians have neither the plant nor the skills to build one to liquify their gas. Their economy is almost entirely reliant on natural resource export but the plant that facilitates that is mostly western built and sanctions mean that none of it is getting maintained. Unless the sanctions are lifted there will soon be no spare Russian gas or anything else.

Still I suppose we'll be giving them foreign aid and taking them in as asylum seekers soon so no need for them to worry.

They are fully capable of all aspects of production construction and therefore maintenance and learnt their trade at Baku in the 1920's. Still the biggest source of oil worldwide. Fake News is so good at predicting such bollocks that people really begin to believe it. The Russians provide the rockets (Soyous) to put 'guest' Americans on their own manufactured 'Mear' space station, yet they can't build a pipeline or a refinery? Yeah right on ...

Oh and don't forget their skills as reverse engineers if they need some spares, this was 80 years ago!

https://wonderfulengineering.com/this-is-the-story-of-how-the-russians-reverse-engineered-the-boeing-b-29-superfortress/

All they have to do is sit on their priceless assets, whether above or below ground as prices rise. In comparison to the continuing genius of the Conservatives in breaking the UK's back they are failures. Having no debt and a vast bank balance!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on November 23, 2022, 04:41:52 PMAnother script reportedly tells listeners that the UK's emergency services are under "extreme pressure", and that they should not be contracted by members of the public "unless absolutely necessary".
Well I doubt that people phone 999 just to have a chat.

You couldn't make it up.  :angry:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]