Period Dignity Officer

Started by Alex, August 17, 2022, 01:55:10 PM

« previous - next »

Jacqueline

Quote from: Countryman on August 18, 2022, 09:05:01 AMCareful, J K Rowling got into a lot of trouble for saying the same!  :tongue:
She is a hero of mine is JK, wonderful women. I never liked Germain Greer, but she stands for real women too. 

Looking at the picture above with the bloke telling women about a range of period products, it's a staged photo, as  if us women need to or would actually seek advice from a personal trainer bloke on the subject it's a bloody joke.

I am also suspicious why a bloke would want to do this job? talking down to women? access to girls? 

I would like to stick a Tampon up him where the sun don't shine!!!!!

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on August 17, 2022, 11:11:59 PMThis is not about equality ! why on earth would a man apply for this job in the first place ? I wouldn't apply for a Male Incontinence Dignity Officer job, if one came up.  :cool:  I imagine most men would want to discuss available products and issues around incontinence (or impotence) with another male. 
So don't female GPs examine a bloke's prostate.

Or would I have to pay privately. Lol.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Quote from: Diasi on August 18, 2022, 10:34:50 AMSo don't female GPs examine a bloke's prostate.

Diasi, thing is, would you have a personal trainer with no medical knowledge examine your prostate? :grin: :grin:  

Scrumpy

Quote from: Jacqueline on August 18, 2022, 10:40:40 AMDiasi, thing is, would you have a personal trainer with no medical knowledge examine your prostate? :grin: :grin: 

A (fit) busty blonde might just get away with it..  :wink:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

I can't help wondering why a man would even want to apply for a job like that. :boo:

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on August 18, 2022, 10:34:50 AMSo don't female GPs examine a bloke's prostate.

This fella isn't a doctor.  Phil I usually agree with you on most things, but in this case my friend, you're totally wrong. :cool:

Alex

He's resigned.
Jason Grant found himself at the centre of controversy after his appointment as Period Dignity Officer.

His suitability for the role was widely questioned, including by tennis ace Martina Navratilova who described his appointment as "absurd" and by SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford.

After "threats and abuse" levelled at people in the period dignity team in Angus, Dundee, Perth and Kinross, it has been confirmed Grant has stepped down.

Ashy

The role didn't involve any gynaecology, it was supposed to ensure the supply of sanitary  products.

Alex

Quote from: Alex on August 17, 2022, 06:29:26 PMThe job involves promoting access to free sanitary products in schools and colleges across the Tay region.

Jason Grant an ex personal trainer from Dundee, will also discuss issues around the menopause as part of his role.
[/url]

Here he is discussing various products with a mother and daughter and I'm not sure about the other person, maybe a trans ?

Raven

Not a job for a man, I know when I was at school I would never have  gone to him, neither would my daughter. This guy used to be a personal trainer at one of the health centres, why would he change to a job like that. I'm glad he's decided to leave, it just wasn't right.

Diasi

A lot of things aren't right in life due to the equal opportunity rubbish, but it seems only those that directly affect women can be challenged.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

This is all so bloody stupid... and it's not even a 'wind up' ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 07, 2022, 07:59:14 AMThis is all so bloody stupid... and it's not even a 'wind up' ..
Well what else do expect from the political midget North of the border.
[email protected]

Alex

You'd have thought because only girls and women have periods, a woman would have been appointed, mainly because it's easier to talk to a woman about such personal matters.  But of course, there are people who say men can have periods too.  This appointment was maybe pandering to that minority ?

Michael Rolls

well, some men have periods - of insanity and I reckon he is one such!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]