Heading to the Pool.

Started by Raven, March 04, 2023, 11:57:12 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

I'm planning on trying a return to the pool in a few days, weather and balance permitting. As I'm still in Perth I'm rejoining Bannatynes on a month to month cycle untill I can get back up North, couldn't do the long haul drive yet, nor negotiate the farm tracks ect ect.
I love the Bannatynes Pool, with it's 3 Jacuzzis, 2 saunas and 2 steam rooms. I was a member there for years before I moved up north most 9f the time. Looking forward to it, but also quite nervous, another hurdle to get over.

GrannyMac

Well done Raven, it looks amazing. Take it gently though!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Beautiful pool.. You will be fine.. Wear your arm bands..  and get someone to pull you along by rope..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

I hope you manage to get there soon Raven.  The gentle exercise should do you good.

Raven

Thanks Guys, The plan is to walk a few lengths to strengthen the leg, then swim a few lengths to exercise the rest of me. Then a soak in one of the jacuzzis. Will not go every day, but will add a few more in each week.
It's not a big pool only 20 metres, I'm used to a 25 metre pool up north.

Alex

Good luck Raven, it looks amazing  :upvote: 

Michael Rolls

All the best, Raven 🤞🤞🤞
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Seems I won't be heading to the pool as soon as I thought :cry: One of the  neighbours popped in for a coffee yesterday afternoon and she swims at Bannatynes, It seems there is a problem with the pools heating system and they are waiting on a new part to arrive. She says the water is freezing, so I'll have to wait till it's sorted, as I am not freezing my bahookie off, I hate the temperature drops and this one is drastic.  :yell:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Scrumpy

It will be lovely for you when the heating is sorted.. You will get there.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..