Rain next week....

Started by Scrumpy, August 13, 2022, 05:20:10 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: hugh on August 16, 2022, 01:54:21 PMRIGHT hands up who as nick all our rain. Not had a drop in weeks although we should have had some last night and today. Next lot should arrive by 1700 if not out with the hose pipe again.
Same in North Lincolnshire, still very warm, all upstairs windows open & the forecast shows 62% chance of rain at 18:00 hrs with a high percentage chance until 09:00 hrs tomorow when the chances fall away.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

The rain has just started, gentle & steady, not torrential, with luck it will continue until at least mid-morning tomorrow.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

We had a little bit today..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

We've had quite a downpour for the last couple of hours. Its cooled the house nicely! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

We had roughly 36 hours of it, non stop, the place is awash.

klondike

Almost an inch in a couple of hours. It's stopped now and no more forecast until tomorrow evening.

Diasi

Quote from: Diasi on August 16, 2022, 05:45:44 PMThe rain has just started, gentle & steady, not torrential, with luck it will continue until at least mid-morning tomorrow.
Well it didn't last very long, it had stopped by 21:30 hrs & it's not raining at the moment.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Just heard from my s-i-l - Hereford had thunder, lightning and very heavy rain just about all night.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Hot spell followed by thunderstorms. I've never heard of such a thing. Must be climate change.

Scrumpy

Very humid here.. Thunderstorms !! Wouldn't be surprised. They usually follow this sort of weather... Nothing new there..

Alex

No rain here today and it's still warm out.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

A hot spell followed by thunderstorms and heavy rain showers is typical weather for an island. Yesterday we had blistering heat, today very heavy rain, if you went out you didn't need an umbrella, but a boat.

Thames Water announces hose pipe ban commencing next week.

Scrumpy

When mum had washing on the line and unexpected rain appeared ,after the first few drops the word went up 
'Its raining'.. The message was called out from neighbour to neighbour and carried up/down the road..

Sheila

Quote from: Alex on August 17, 2022, 01:31:48 PMNo rain here today and it's still warm out.

We sat outside reading this afternoon.  The sun shines on the righteous eh Alex?