« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

A year since Her Majesty died - somehow seems longer
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

It's not been a good year for moi, starting back on Jan 3rd. :cry:

Michael Rolls

Lost another family member during the year, and step-daughter is not at all well, now been in hospital for six weeks tomorrow. Can't say it has been a good year, although personally, despite my balance problems - saw the GP yesterday - nothing like as bad as yours, Raven
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Sorry to hear about your step daughter Mike. A mixed year for us healthwise, but nothing as severe as Raven's had. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 08, 2023, 05:41:38 AMA year since Her Majesty died - somehow seems longer
I never think about it as she meant nothing to me whatsoever.

However, I doubt it'll be worth watching the news as there'll be little else on apart from tedious re-runs of her reign.

And, far more importantly, there's no Emmerdale or Corrie on tonight as it's damn rugby.

Yes, it should be on for those who want to watch it but how many other channels do ITV have that they could use.

As regards the year for me it's been ok as I've been too busy with my adopted family to dwell on things & it's given me a routine.

Also, as an only child & no contact with any of my cousins, I don't know what's happening to them so I don't see them popping off one by one, but I imagine it must be upsetting for you Mike.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Don't really see the point in a Remembrance Day for her if Hugh Edwards isn't going to present it with expert insight from Philip Schofield.

Michael Rolls

Thanks, Phil. It does get dispiriting - in the last five and a half years, I have lost three friends and six family members - and they were by no means the first. Even lost our little dog.
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 08, 2023, 08:39:10 AMDon't really see the point in a Remembrance Day for her if Hugh Edwards isn't going to present it with expert insight from Philip Schofield.
:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 08, 2023, 08:47:16 AMThanks, Phil. It does get dispiriting - in the last five and a half years, I have lost three friends and six family members - and they were by no means the first. Even lost our little dog.
Sorry to hear that.  Condolences and apologies for not commenting on it before my glib post.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]