Met Police Are Still Doing Their Woke Jobs.

Started by Diasi, September 07, 2023, 09:06:14 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

I find this quite worrying as I can well see some of these, what I regard as funny jokes, being posted on here, especially the Browning Street one.

Personally I can't see anything in this article that I would class as offensive, but of course, in our new woke world, taking the piss is offensive.

I'd most certainly have shared them on WhatsApp.  :grin:

https://tinyurl.com/5xr3cw5v
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I'd say that there are two ways to avoid that sort of problem as Whatsapp messages are end to end encrypted.

Most obvious would be to abstain from sending any off-colour jokes using the internet.
Second would be if you do then take a care who they are sent to.

The other thing to take home is it seems to be getting clearer why burglaries don't get investigated any more.

Ashy

Do they seriously think they are enhancing public trust by spying on a whattsapp group?

Raven

I only use What's App if I want to send a photo to my daughter, and that's only because I can't find out how to send the any through texts, on the Huawei phones I've been using the last 8/9 years. If I remember I used to get charged for photos, but it's been several years now so I don't know if they still do that.

klondike

Depends on your phone deal. MultiMedia messaging is not the same as text messaging. I think mine used to be 50p each to send so I avoided them.

If you are out and about then Whatsapp pictures might lead to data usage in excess of your allowance but from home is more likely to be on your home wifi and would be included. Not that pictures usually use much anyway.

I use whatsapp a lot more than texts these days. I avoid whatsapp groups though as I like to keep notifications on and  I don't think you can exclude specific contacts from that but haven't investigated.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 07, 2023, 09:30:47 AMI'd say that there are two ways to avoid that sort of problem as Whatsapp messages are end to end encrypted.

Most obvious would be to abstain from sending any off-colour jokes using the internet.
Second would be if you do then take a care who they are sent to.

The other thing to take home is it seems to be getting clearer why burglaries don't get investigated any more.
I only tend to resend jokes & cartoons that I see on here, via WhatsApp, to one of my daughters & to a friend & she's as non-woke as you can get.  :upvote: :grin:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Taking the piss out of anyone because of race/ colour is wrong.. 
There are spies everywhere..  Nothing that you put on the web.. your phone.. Whatsapp.. TicToc ..Facebook whatever is private... even a private message is under scrutiny.. 
Private phone call !!! I doubt anything is PRIVATE..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 07, 2023, 11:44:13 AMTaking the piss out of anyone because of race/ colour is wrong..

I suppose you could say that taking to piss out of anyone for any reason is wrong, so what makes race / colour a special case?
[email protected]

Alex

They obviously didn't have any real crimes to solve, so I wonder how much this "investigation" cost ?

Ashy

Quite a lot I think, and even now they got a charge it doesn't mean they'll get a conviction.