I thought we were skint?

Started by klondike, September 05, 2023, 03:58:02 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Then I saw this...

Birmingham Mosque Has £2 Million Govt Grant Suspended over Shocking Islamist Sermons

A £2 million government grant to a controversial Mosque has been suspended amid outcry over extremist Islamist statements made by its imams including apparently advocating for stoning women to death for adultery and waging jihad against unbelievers.

Social Investment Business, which initially green-lit £2.2 million in taxpayer money to build a youth centre at the Green Lane Masjid and Community Centre in Birmingham, has blocked the delivery of the grant while investigations are held into allegations of radical rhetoric being spouted in the mosque.

Last month, footage emerged from a sermon from Zakaullah Saleem, the mosque's head Imam, appearing to show the Sheikh telling worshippers that women found guilty of adultery should be buried in the ground up to their waist in order to "protect her modesty" and then stoned to death, the Mail on Sunday reported.

The Imam was also reported to have called on the government to take "legal action" against the former Batley School Grammar School teacher who was forced into hiding with his family amid death threats in response to him showing his class a caricature of the Islamic prophet during a class on blasphemy.

Another Imam at the Green Lane Masjid, Abu Usamah al-Thahabi allegedly compared British ISIS bride Shamima Begum to young white girl victims of largely Pakistani grooming gangs in the north of England. Al-Thahabi was previously featured in a Channel 4 documentary in which he was recorded telling congregants that a "jihad" would soon come against the "kuffar" — a derogatory term for unbelievers.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/09/05/birmingham-mosque-has-2-million-in-govt-funding-suspended-over-shocking-islamist-sermons24880597/

Now the report that some Imam has gone over the line with his hate speech isn't overly surprising. 

What I do find incredible is that there was any sodding £2m government grant on the cards in the first place.  :wtf:

Diasi

Last month, footage emerged from a sermon from Zakaullah Saleem, the mosque's head Imam, appearing to show the Sheikh telling worshippers that women found guilty of adultery should be buried in the ground up to their waist in order to "protect her modesty" and then stoned to death.

So it'd be ok for her boobs to be on display, if so I might go & watch one.

Anyway it's nothing new, plenty of women seem to be getting stoned to death in Scotland.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

What century are they living in!  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 05, 2023, 09:04:11 PMWhat century are they living in! 
The 6th, and they've been living in that century since their religion was founded.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Bring back the Jehovah Witness and Mormons.. Life was so much easier back then..
 The disappointment of opening the door to  see two standing there.. ready to preach..  :clap: :yahoo:  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 06, 2023, 09:38:02 AMBring back the Jehovah Witness and Mormons.. Life was so much easier back then..
 The disappointment of opening the door to  see two standing there.. ready to preach..  :clap: :yahoo: 

We had a visitation from a couple of Jehova's Witnesses the other day.
Two well dressed, polite and 'unpushy' gentlemen, who I eventually bid goodbye to.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I too had a visit from what I assume to have been god botherers. I didn't give them a chance to start I just said no thanks as soon as I saw them and shut the door. I would have checked the Ring display but I was expecting a delivery. My neighbour said it took him 5 minutes to get shot of them. He is far too polite.

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on September 05, 2023, 03:58:02 PMWhat I do find incredible is that there was any £2m government grant on the cards in the first place.  :wtf:
Yes indeed, if the government were a local council it would be in special measures and constrained to essential services only.

To produce a £2 million grant the government will have to borrow it. Well let the bloody mosque borrow it, they get the taxi contracts.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on September 05, 2023, 09:16:51 PMThe 6th, and they've been living in that century since their religion was founded.
Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 06, 2023, 06:33:10 AMand will continue so to do
And that's what the Mussie welcomers are too dim to realise.

Yes, there are a few, mainly in the professional bracket, but the vast majority, who have all the power, want to live in 610 AD.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

and take the rest us back there with them
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Oh for a time machine - we could grant their wishes and be done with them.

Diasi

[email protected]