Bloody electric mode

Started by Michael Rolls, September 04, 2023, 10:43:51 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I'm sure he wasn't. Hughes produced some ludicrous vehicles though.

Michael Rolls

the Spruce Goose - huge - forgotten that it was also called Hercules. Just checked - wingspan of 320 feet 11 inches (!). That's the equivalent of ten clipped wing Spitfires!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Millions doubtless spent. One short flight that only just got above the waves then left to rot. Oh to be rich enough to do that.

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 04, 2023, 09:21:57 PMhaven't checked to see what this Mondeo weighs, but as a good third of the boot is taken up by a socking big battery, it must be quite a bit. It is a two litre and the acceleration, while reasonable, is less than its predecessor, which was a one point five

September 04, 2023, 09:25:29 PMBecause if I had, I would have had to settle for something other than a Mondeo. There is a Ford main dealer just 2 miles away, so buying Fords makes sense, but after two Focus estates I really needed something with more leg room. Although I am only just 6'1", I am long legged for my height - legs belong to someone who ought to be 6'3", 6' 4"
A two-litre petrol engine plus an electric motor plus a heavy battery, and yet it doesn't have as much acceleration as your previous ICE car?  I can't imagine why!

No, I shall never have hybrids.  In any event, five years after our glorious leaders have banned new ICE cars, they will ban hybrids as well!
I look forward to 2035 with great interest, assuming I'll live to 83 years old and, anyway, I'll be in my bath chair by then.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on September 04, 2023, 05:07:43 PMCan't the electric mode be disabled?

The more I read the more grateful I am that our 16-yr-old petrol car is still running, & very well too.

I do hope UK drivers fight the nett/zero rubbish. Sadly, I sold all my retro 60's and 70's classics now. I should have imported them here. Even drop-dead arse's like Biden's go-mad crew appreciate the nonsense of trying to ban fossil fuels and what they mean.

What will happen to all the multi-million pound classic Ferraris etc in the new SDP (formerly Tory) party world. Will one be able to draw petrol and diesel post 2030, or will Gruppenfuhrer Schapps and his Gauleiters ban it's refining Jan 1 2031?

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Diesel will certainly be needed as there are no battery artics sfaik and we'll still be moving goods. No plans for tractors and the like either that I've heard of.

Petrol will still be needed for..
Lawnmowers
Boats
Light aircraft
Motorcycles
Doubtless other stuff I didn't think of in the 30 seconds of my remaining time on the planet I devoted to thinking about it.

That's 30 seconds more than most of our government have.

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on September 06, 2023, 04:34:40 PMI do hope UK drivers fight the nett/zero rubbish. Sadly, I sold all my retro 60's and 70's classics now. I should have imported them here. Even drop-dead arse's like Biden's go-mad crew appreciate the nonsense of trying to ban fossil fuels and what they mean.

What will happen to all the multi-million pound classic Ferraris etc in the new SDP (formerly Tory) party world. Will one be able to draw petrol and diesel post 2030, or will Gruppenfuhrer Schapps and his Gauleiters ban it's refining Jan 1 2031?

I could put our car, which is ULEZ compliant, up for sale in London with a starting bid of £10,000.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]