What's Happening in Ireland ?

Started by Alex, May 15, 2024, 08:11:14 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

The argument goes that the Jews voted to kill Jesus.  I can see how some Christians might take umbrage with that.

muddy

It was the Romans and Jesus was himself a Jew.

dextrous63

I thought it was a Jewish crowd that chose between Jesus and Barrabas to be released, or not.

Yesterday at 10:37:27 PM
Anyway, we're not arguing.  You asked the question and I provided the standard explanations for why Ireland seems to be Anti-Semitic😊

klondike

Quote from: JBR on Yesterday at 10:11:12 PMThe only people who are innocent of religious hatred are Atheists
You're forgetting the Fundamentalist Atheists

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on Yesterday at 11:43:38 PMYou're forgetting the Fundamentalist Atheists

And their male voice choir.

GrannyMac

When's their next concert? 🎼
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

muddy

Quote from: dextrous63 on Yesterday at 10:34:06 PMI thought it was a Jewish crowd that chose between Jesus and Barrabas to be released, or not.

That's the trouble with rent a mob - they get it  wrong most of the time .

dextrous63

Quote from: muddy on Today at 08:52:35 AMThat's the trouble with rent a mob - they get it  wrong most of the time .
"Rent a mob"??  Was that phrase used in an authorised Catholic version of the Bible?😬

muddy

Rent a mob is a tactic that has been used throughout history 

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on Yesterday at 10:34:06 PMI thought it was a Jewish crowd that chose between Jesus and Barrabas to be released, or not.

Yes, but God in his extreme mercy infiltrated their minds and persuaded them to vote to release Barrabas.  This was for the simple reason that had Jebus not been crucified, the Christian church would never have been founded.

An alternative situation can be seen if you should watch the famous Monty Python film 'The Life of Brian' (which, I hasten to add, does not feature the Brian of whom we are all now familiar).
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire