Well here is a glass half full sorta story...

Started by klondike, November 04, 2022, 10:26:16 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

The Rishi revival: Exclusive poll shows Sunak has led major Tory fightback against Labour

Tory MPs replaced Liz Truss with Rishi Sunak less than 50 days after she became Prime Minister after polls suggested they were headed for an election wipeout.

The Rishi revival: Exclusive poll shows Sunak has led major Tory fightback against Labour
Tory MPs replaced Liz Truss with Rishi Sunak less than 50 days after she became Prime Minister after polls suggested they were headed for an election wipeout.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1691927/rishi-sunak-tracker-poll-conservative-party-labour-lead-update

But here is the rub...

The latest Techne UK tracker poll for Express.co.uk still gives Labour a 20 point lead over the Conservatives but is down from an enormous 31 percent just a fortnight ago.

We still have to feel the full weight of the energy price rise
Inflation won't be heading down any time soon
I seriously doubt there will be any progress on stopping the dinghy invasion
Interest rates won't cover inflation for savers but it will cause house prices to fall putting those struggling to pay higher mortgages into negative equity.
We haven't had to put up with the power cuts yet

In short so far the fan has only been hit by the start of the shit stream heading it's way.

Ladies and Gentlemen I think we are witnessing the end of a political party that has lasted 200 odd years and been in power for most of that time. 

Jacqueline

And it's nobodies fault but their own.  Hopefully the Labour party will go the same way and we will get a new party who actually represents US.

Raven

Alex

A wipe out is on the cards UNLESS Suella stops the dinghies, then I think they may have a chance.   I'd like to see some big name Tories defecting over to the Reform Party.

JBR

Quote from: Jacqueline on November 04, 2022, 10:43:52 AMAnd it's nobodies fault but their own.  Hopefully the Labour party will go the same way and we will get a new party who actually represents US.
Yes!  Yes please.

The Labour party has lasted for about 100-odd years.
The Conservatives for around 200 years.
I really do think that the time is ripe for a new right-wing party which will do what most of the electorate wants.
The problem is that the few such parties are presently not supported by so many of the ordinary voters, probably because the voters are just not sure and have always voted for one of the two main parties.
I really do believe that if we don't elect something different to Labour and the Tories, the country (and us) has had it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

It matters not who gets elected... 
They are all controlled by something /someone greater than they are..
We don't know the half of it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..