And the Oscar goes to...

Started by Scrumpy, March 28, 2022, 08:20:15 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

...Will Smith for his latest performance on stage at the Oscars..
Will Smith walked on stage and threw a right hook at (comedian) Chris Rock..
The punch hit the target.. No 'stand ins' were used in the performance and the scene was completed in one 'take'.

Apparently the comedian (Rock) made a joke about Smith's wife who suffers with Alopecia...
  Did he deserve a smack..?   The 'luvvies' of Hollywood are keeping tight lipped.. should they upset their fans..
What do I think !  I think Will Smith is a big enough star to get away with it.. Good for him..

At least the black card will not be played ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

He's very protective of his family, and I don't blame him. Some people just go too far and think it's ok to insult, then say "but it's only a joke"......Aye Right. :nooo:

klondike

I assume that the slap was "just a joke" too. Did you see his wife's face? He deserved a full on fist let alone a slap.  :nooo:

Raven

I think it was probably spur of the moment.  :wink:

Alex

klondike

I doubt that. Will Smith is hardly in need of publicity and his wife looked truly upset by the jibe.

crabbyob

to be honest he did exactly what any right minded man might... well done Mr Smith...
now a punch might have been just too far on live TV... we must wait to see the comedic reaction the next day... i hope he just holds both hands up and apologises to Mrs Smith....

Alex

Well I think Will Smith laughed first of all......then he saw his wife's face !  I didn't understand the so called 'joke' btw something to do with her lack of hair ?
I wish they'd stop talking about it now, telly papers, social media etc.  Now if Smith had been a white man............ :cool: they'd be talking about it in the Senate - British Parliament too I bet  :cool:

klondike

He called her GI Jane.

GI is a name used for American soldiers who frequently have rather severe crew cuts.

Alex

OIC
Will Smith obviously thinks he's above the law, he should have taken his wife's hand and walked out.

klondike

When the old red mist descends then thoughts of what is legal and what might be the best response rarely figure very high in the list of priorities.

crabbyob

G I Jane was Demi Moore and she had the G I head-shave...

Raven

Personally I think women look awful with that shaved head look. :ugh: A few generations back having a girl/womans hair cut short was a punishment for something, and everyone knew because of their short hair. :cry:
I've had my hair cut short a few times, and always within a few days of doing it I've regreted it, AND, had to wait ages for it to grow again.