Main Menu

Aldi

Started by Alex, April 27, 2022, 10:36:27 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

I bought a packet mix from Aldi for Bombay Potato, I used up some spuds that were starting to sprout but still firm.  I also added a couple of tablespoons of olive oil which is not mentioned on the packet, bung in the oven and Bob's yer uncle, bit of parsley to look posh  :grin:.  Maybe nobody will be interested, but hey it's another thread and if it does as well as the Iceberg Lettuce thread, my job is done  :rofl: :rofl:

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GrannyMac

Might try that Alex, looks tasty!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Looks better than lettuce  :grin:

Jacqueline

How spicy is this Alex? it looks lovely, but I don't like it too hot.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Jacqueline on April 27, 2022, 01:33:25 PM
How spicy is this Alex? it looks lovely, but I don't like it too hot.
I can't eat hot curries, I tend to go for Bhuna which is medium.  This to me isn't too hot at all, it's more spicy than hot  :grin: hard to explain Jacq !

Sheila

Thanks Alex, I'll give that a try.

Alex

Forgot to mention you have to par boil the potatoes, but it's on the packet  :grin:

zoony

For some reason I've started eating and enjoying ready-meal chicken Madras with Pilau rice.. I'm talking 3 a week. Fairly hot 'n spicy but ready in 5/6 minutes. Picking the onion out takes a while but I have to eat something! :grin:

klondike

Couldn't you just cook yourself onion?  :grin:

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin: klondike.

I'm going to give it a try Alex.. They look really tasty.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

Quote from: klondike on April 27, 2022, 04:11:34 PM
Couldn't you just cook yourself onion?  :grin:

Oh yeah?   :nooo: :nooo:

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on April 27, 2022, 02:51:13 PM
I can't eat hot curries, I tend to go for Bhuna which is medium.  This to me isn't too hot at all, it's more spicy than hot  :grin: hard to explain Jacq !

Thanks Alex, will give it a try, nice to have something different and it does look very nice.