what can you see

Started by crabbyob, January 26, 2022, 04:37:06 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Testing wysiwyg editor to see what it makes of highlighting and copying a chunk of a page...

enior poster
  • [/size][/font]

Re: what can you see
    « Reply #12 on: Today at 10:10:34 am »
    [size=0.85em]
    Quote[/b]
  • [/size][/font][/right]

Just an image box now.Using Firefox on Mac.

Not much it seems. In that case I dont know what he does.

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on January 27, 2022, 12:01:02 PM
I'm not sure how crabbyob it pasting his stuff in. I know he has to use the WYSIWYG editor so I'm guessing it must just be a highlight of the whole thing including the image and pasting it into the box. I'm amazed it works at all tbh.

I opened his image in a new tab, copied the url and pasted that in between img bbcode tags. The image has a huge query string which if removed stops it showing at all which I'm guessing is facebooks way of protecting it. I also guess that the Mac version of Firefox maybe can't handle it. By "Just an image box now." do you mean just an empty box or that you do see the image?

Maybe I'll have to work up a tutorial on pinching Facebook content.  :grin: I do have an account but rarely if ever visit.

This is what I see...

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

The image URL is long
https://scontent-man2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/p180x540/269487786_4677703362350016_2047993494338158242_n.jpg

And it has a long query string too

?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=aJiDRt-NHp4AX-4MsNo&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT__JEBTxXjQubgFRzUQopp_F_bD0h1Ig4VsLzbwxJ4_uA&oe=61F6BF81

Putting the two back together

https://scontent-man2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/p180x540/269487786_4677703362350016_2047993494338158242_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=aJiDRt-NHp4AX-4MsNo&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1.xx&oh=00_AT__JEBTxXjQubgFRzUQopp_F_bD0h1Ig4VsLzbwxJ4_uA&oe=61F6BF81

Clicking the first gives me bad URL.
Clicking the second opens the image.

crabbyob

come on guys if we are competing then just let -OY- win... or perhaps tying with Raven... :nooo:

klondike

Just how do you paste them in crabbyob?

-Oy-

Clicking the 2nd shows the image for me too.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

crabbyob

on FB i left click then right click then click  on copy
the left click on the message box the right click and click on paste or on paste as text
ish

klondike

Quote from: crabbyob on January 27, 2022, 07:15:39 PM
on FB i left click then right click then click  on copy
the left click on the message box the right click and click on paste or on paste as text
ish
Yes it does work which surprised me but is probably why it sometimes goes wrong. The WYSIWYG editor is buggy as we already know.

If you use copy image address then click and paste into the popup that appears it will probably be more reliable.

crabbyob

since you tweaked summit it hasnt failed...

klondike

All I did was give you the WYSIWYG editor by default which you could have selected in your profile yourself but it was quicker just doing it than explaining. That said I did post up how to do it as zoony(?) was bewailing an inability to use italics. This is the info on how to do it - https://letschat.club/index.php/topic,399.0.html

I won't use it because I tend to edit my posts because of fat fingers and that is a sure fire way to get all the surious junk in the post which takes an age to edit out.