Boris Replacement

Started by hugh, July 11, 2022, 12:58:54 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Penny Mordaunt looks good to me too. She is a Leaver..
I didn't realise that Rishi Sunak is also a Leaver..
That makes me happier..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

As I heard it defined here a few weeks ago on TV

About the local Democrat Manifesto "A public declaration of ...some shit."
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Have I heard it wrong.. ?

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 13, 2022, 06:42:42 PMPenny Mordaunt looks good to me too. She is a Leaver..
I didn't realise that Rishi Sunak is also a Leaver..
That makes me happier..

Beware of double-standards Scrump! He may have voted Leave in the 2016 referendum, but he then consistently voted against that decision in the Parliament of Theresa May for the next three years, which thank God ended in November 2019. Remember back to all those disgusting attempts (48 in all) started up by Dominic Grieve and such as Gauke, Hammond, Soubry, Gina Miller etc etc, to deliberately overturn democracy! He was there with all of them, because he thought it might lubricate his self propelled ego machine in the future.

He is not a Conviction politician over anything, he's a manipulative, two faced opportunist. If there was a vote now amongst Tory Members, Penny would win 79% to 34% against Susnake. His apparatchick's will firstly try and smear Mordaunt to avoid a final run off at all costs with her as the opponent. He'd love Hunt or Truss at the last stand as an alternative. He knows the constituencies will overwhelmingly favour Penny, she will be his nemesis and he'll have go back to his mountainous heap of money, tax exiled wife and pedal his green USA card from the upper green benches of Parliament.

Ask yourself, if he's such a dedicated Brexiteer, why does he have so many devoted 'Remoaner' Tories in his camp just now? Most modern politicians are ultimately cannibals. So inevitably holding self preservation above all else may cause many of them to reconsider closely over the next few weeks. By emnifying their local party chairmen and members by supporting such a deviant in opposition, to a very electable alternate in a General Election - many may 'just' switch camps to preserve their overpaid jobs!

Scrumpy

I don't like Rishi Sunak.. :boo: :boo: :nooo: :yell:
Penny  Mordaunt it is..

Raven

I don't like any of them. :yell:

Jacqueline

Cassandra

Briefly ladies all three females voted for Brexit and are committed (they say) to it being finished off even if we have to leave both the ECHR and 1950 Refugee Convention to do so - which would scupper the 'Dinghy Boys' good style. However something tells me Mordaunt might renege on this commitment? Technically we can ignore the rulings of the ECHR anyway right now. Referring those doubting our purity on Human Rights in future to Dominic Raab's new Bill is a hanky for Starmer, Sturgeon and Liberal clingers on to snuffle into.

Suella Bravermann is also very anti the Green Nett zero rubbish of Boris Johnson that we didn't vote for. Similarly with all things WOKE like Enid Blyton being banned in Libraries, because she featured 'Gollywogs' in Children's books 72 years ago! Bravermann has been very outspoken about this

Kemi Brachenose hasn't criticised Nett zero but is fiercely anti - woke in Govt, schools etc.

Labour would find either of the last two difficult to deal with as, firstly their Women and Labour don't know what they are and secondly they're black and you can't therefore criticise them in any way at all forever till the end of the world etc.

The alternative is getting Truss and or Susnake, which would encite rage from within the Conservative Party Members who overwhelmingly detest both leaving them both free to sell us down the River with their 'real' mates in the EU.

Personally I'd have Lord David Frost ahead of them all. But he was deliberately removed by Carrie telling her idiot husband to sod him off to the House of Lords where he couldn't harm her plans, she thought. He's for the next time (2024) I think?

Diasi

No matter how well Sunak does with the MPs, I can't see him being voted in by the membership no matter who his opponent is.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

They may nor get a chance though. May was left as the only candidate removing the need for them to vote. It could be orchestrated again.

I've lost touch of late. Here is Farage's view

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1547279694793510913

hugh

It very much looks like Penny will be PM as I give zero chance for Sunak. The sooner Sunak supporters wake up to this fact the better. Cross who wrote that letter against her did no good. Kemi would be a good choice to go against her. Liz not sure she was very close to Boris.
Happy Golfer

Jacqueline

I give up if that Penny woman becomes PM, maybe Liz Truss but she doesn't inspire me, even Keir Starmer looks attractive by comparison.   The Russians, Chinese etc. will be laughing at us. 

Hallo Labour, the Tories have just given you the next General Election :yell: :yell: :yell: .

hugh

If you are right or wrong Jacqueline does not concern me. Who ever gets the keys to number 10 got to deal with the cost of living which will be a very difficult task.
Happy Golfer

Ashy

I have doubts about all of them. We're going to get a WEF stooge, probably foreign, probably will fight against the public for the remaining term, who knows. Whoever they want in, the real opposition won't get a look in.

Alex

I watched the Channel 4 programme but I kept dropping off so missed big bits of it.  Did any of the candidates mention how they'd tackle illegal immigration across the channel  ?