Boris Replacement

Started by hugh, July 11, 2022, 12:58:54 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

We still haven't left cleanly though. The master of veracity said there would be no border in the Irish sea. Maybe there isn't but we still have customs forms to complete to shift goods  between one part of the UK and another. NI still in the single market and still following EU rules.

French access to our fishing waters continues largely outside of our full control.

Control of our borders. Yeah right. More immigration than ever.

A full on green agenda with costs and taxes to match.

Highest level of taxation for decades.

Great job Boris.

Sheila

Penny Mordaunt is my favourite (or should I say best of a bad bunch?) but her promotion video is cringeworthy.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 12, 2022, 11:10:10 AMWe still haven't left cleanly though. The master of veracity said there would be no border in the Irish sea. Maybe there isn't but we still have customs forms to complete to shift goods  between one part of the UK and another. NI still in the single market and still following EU rules.

French access to our fishing waters continues largely outside of our full control.

Control of our borders. Yeah right. More immigration than ever.

A full on green agenda with costs and taxes to match.

Highest level of taxation for decades.

Great job Boris.

It's a shame that Boris was removed before he managed to get the NI issue sorted, which he was in the process of doing.

Had Boris not got the UK out of the EU, the numner of immgrants would be well over double what they are now if you look at the number who've gone back to the EU & who no longer come from the EU.

Anyway, soon there'll be another PM to blame for not being able to wave a magic wand & fix everything overnight.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

What I was saying is that it shouldn't make any difference of skin colour when you are top dog..
Boris was his own worse enemy.. His continual lying brought him to his knees ..  and that had nothing to do with the people..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on July 12, 2022, 02:15:05 PMAnyway, soon there'll be another PM to blame for not being able to wave a magic wand & fix everything overnight.
Or indeed anything over two and a half years...

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on July 12, 2022, 03:40:59 PMOr indeed anything over two and a half years...

Thats a bit unfair he was very good at spending £800 a roll on wallpaper that looked like it came from the local Indian curry house?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

You are at least kinder in your appraisal of the wallpaper than I was earlier  :grin:

This has been a less Conservative government than Blair's and the Net Zero policies look likely to cripple the country IMO.

Not long til 2030 when no new internal combustion engine cars are allowed to be sold. Still we've all seen the flurry of activity commissioning new power stations, installing public charge points along all the streets of terraced housing and upgrading the electricity grid to cope with all the extra  demand haven't we? What you haven't? I thought it must just be me.

Diasi

Liz Truss would have been my main choice had she not voted Remain in 2016 & although she repented as early as 2017, it's still enough for me to not risk giving her the benefit of my doubt unless I have little alternative choice.

After the 6pm announcement of the candidates I had a phone conversation with another member of the local Tory Party committe & we both agreed that there wasn't a single candidate who we would have chosen & we'd have to vote for the better of two Brexiteer candidates if there were two, the Brexiteer candidate if there was only one & the least worst Remainer candidate if they were both Remainers.

Already we have had some members resign from the Party after they saw the list of candidates & I don't think it takes a genius to work out why when 50% are non-ethnics.

We are a very traditional rural area with Conservative politics & a conservative way of life.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

It will be interesting to hear what your opinions are when it comes down to the last two.. 
As I have said before I am no expert when it comes to politics.. There are so many things that I don't understand... and I never pretend to.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I just get the feeling this is all done and dusted and it will be Sunak as PM. :evil:

Michael Rolls

in today's paper he is promising to be as financially responsible as Thatcher  - er, wasn't he Chancellor?

Mike  :shocked:  :shocked:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

All promise the earth, then forget all about it when they win.
I don't believe a word any of them say.  :waiting: 

klondike

I reckon you might believe them  :grin:

Raven

It's a point of honour. They lie, I disbelieve.  :busted:

klondike

Lies
Damn Lies
Statistics
Manifestos