Reform polling

Started by klondike, March 25, 2024, 09:45:50 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Populist Reform UK Party Overtakes Tories in Support Among Men and Red Wall Voters

The Nigel Farage-founded Reform UK party has surpassed the governing Conservatives among men for the first time, a survey from YouGov found.

Reform UK, the re-branded Brexit Party, now enjoys more support among male voters in Britain than the Tories as Prime Minister Rishi Sunak continues to struggle to connect with the public.

A survey conducted for The Times of London by the YouGov polling firm found that 19 per cent of men now support the Reform UK party, compared to 17 per cent for the Tories. This represents a precipitous decline in male support for the Tories, who earned 47 per cent of all male votes in the 2019 general election.

Overall, the insurgent populist party has surged to 15 per cent in the polls and only trails the Conservatives by four points nationally, with the Tories dropping to 19 per cent.

However, both Reform and the Conservatives continue to lag behind the left-wing Labour Party, which despite being out of step with the public on many issues, has been able to maintain its commanding lead, with 44 per cent support.

The poll also found that the Reform party is now leading the Tories in Red Wall seats, those constituencies in the Midlands and North of the country that traditionally voted for Labour but supported Boris Johnson in 2019 to "get Brexit done". The survey found that Reform now enjoys 18 per cent of support in those seats, compared to 17 per cent for the Conservatives.

Commenting on the survey, Anthony Wells of YouGov said: "The Tories have dipped under 20 per cent. Their performance is deteriorating and Reform's is getting better. Inevitably, some groups are showing a Reform lead."

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/03/24/populist-reform-uk-party-overtakes-tories-in-support-among-men-and-red-wall-voters/

Well it's one poll, a selected small range of participants and still probably indicates few/no seats but it's also continued momentum in the right direction while the Tories continue to plummet.

I will be well satisfied if the Conservatives are destroyed in the next election even if that means a massive Labour victory, gains for the despicable LibDems and Reform get the wooden spoon. It is important that the Tories see that they cannot succeed without delivering Conservative policies - ditch the woke crap, ditch big government, rethink net zeto, sort out the useless public services, at least try to stop the illegal immigrants, row back big time on legal migration etc. I suppose I could just have said adopt the Reform manifesto.

The trouble is I think the media have brainwashed the young into thinking all the stuff I think of as crap as being the way forward. Well they'll have a lot more time to live in that brave new world than me and maybe they'll come to regret their choices.

JBR

As I have said before, it is now up to the voters.

Unfortunately, the fools will vote for Labour, they seeing that as the only alternative to Conservative.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

sadly, I am sure that you are right
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: JBR on March 25, 2024, 10:13:37 AMUnfortunately, the fools will vote for Labour, they seeing that as the only alternative to Conservative.
So long as they don't backslide and reward the Tories for what they have done over the last 14 years I don't care. Either Labour will continue with similar policies, go further left or far less likely improve things. Whatever happens they will either get another bite of the cherry or get kicked out. If the only viable opposition is the current Tories with the same policies as now that will be a disaster but if they are destroyed completely or radically change there is a chance for the future.

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on March 25, 2024, 10:13:37 AMAs I have said before, it is now up to the voters.

Unfortunately, the fools will vote for Labour, they seeing that as the only alternative to Conservative.
This fool won't. But I live in a constituency with a big Labour majority, I fear most will
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Last time I voted Reform 780 odd others voted for them too !   :grin:   Labour always gets in here.

JBR

This, of course, is the problem with 'two-party politics'.  Each constituency can elect only one MP.  

Regardless of the number of votes given to Reform, they need to have over half of the votes in any single constituency in order to gain an MP.

A far more equitable system would elect a number of MPs of any party according to the number of votes obtained nationally.

Nevertheless, if a sufficient number of people are sick and tired of both 'main parties', they should vote for Reform.  That is, of course, it they want to save the country.

Cassandra

Really looking forward to the UK General Election Results coverage evening on GB News some time this year

A long predicted Tory extirpation hopefully becomes reality. Then at last these deaf morons will realise how much they were despised and the irrecoverable disgust and contempt that they were held in ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

GrannyMac

I agree Cassandra, however i fear the likely alternative may/will be worse.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Given the state we are in they are going to have to try very hard to be worse. Sadly I'm sure that they will try.

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 25, 2024, 04:34:17 PMI agree Cassandra, however i fear the likely alternative may/will be worse. 
I agree that that is likely to be the outcome.

However, my one hope is that when Labour drags the country even deeper into the mire, and more people begin to realise their stupid mistake, there may still be time to turn things around.

The future is in our own hands.

Diasi

The Polling day enjoyment of watching the Tories get thrashed will be short lived when Labour get full rein.

I would like to see a hung Parliament with a small Labour majority, very few LibDems & enough Reform MPs to swing the balance away from Labour.

A lot of us oldies won't be happy when Rachel Reeves tells us we can stick the Triple Lock as the money is needed for all the immigrants who are now legal.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I do still have the BBC Referendum coverage you recommended for the joy of seeing them sqirm when the outcome became clear. I'd given up and gone to bed before that happy moment. Unfortunately the BBC coverage of the Tories getting a thrashing is unlikey to be so enjoyable but the result itself will be - they surely can't be rewarded for the mess thy have created. Labour later may be a price worth paying.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on March 25, 2024, 05:06:50 PMI do still have the BBC Referendum coverage you recommended for the joy of seeing them sqirm when the outcome became clear. I'd given up and gone to bed before that happy moment. Unfortunately the BBC coverage of the Tories getting a thrashing is unlikey to be so enjoyable but the result itself will be - they surely can't be rewarded for the mess thy have created. Labour later may be a price worth paying.
I agree but the Tories would still be thrashed if they fell even a few seats below Labour from where they are now.

It's the not being the Government that would be the thrashing for them but a hung Parliament with Labour having the most seats with no overall majority would be the best we could hope for.

I suppose that a massive Labour majority would enable us to moan & shout "told you so" when they even wreak more havoc than they did last time.

But I don't fancy paying for it with another Brown-style private pension raid to fund even more freebies for those without a private pension.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

If they get a proper thrashing then a lot will be moving on from politics. As most are closet LibDems that is no bad thing imo. I'm not expecting Reform to get seats any more than UKIP did but UKIP's mere existence brought about the referendum. Maybe Reform's presence will result in a better Tory party even if they have no chance of replacing it as the alternative to Labour.

I see no chance of anything but a big Labour victory. Given that outcoe then the bigger the better imo. Hard knocks are what teach lessons. The Tories will get one and so will the public.