A New Party ?

Started by Alex, October 16, 2022, 02:57:46 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

There is still UKIP which may even have the machinery necessary to trawl for votes. The various minor centre right parties such as Reform, UKIP and whatever Lawrence Fox started (which is likely only Lawrence and his Gran) should all get together. They may even attract disenchanted sitting Tory MPs to their banner now and have a rump party presence in Westminster.

The Tories are disintegrating before our eyes. Many of their sitting MPs are false flag Liberals. IMO the party is finished.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 20, 2022, 09:10:08 AMThe Tories are disintegrating before our eyes. Many of their sitting MPs are false flag Liberals. IMO the party is finished.
Oh, without a doubt.

I expect us to be probably wiped out at the local elections in May 2023 & definitely wiped out at the General Election in 2024.

If we do get re-elected in 2024, I would expect to see whoever is the leader, walking across an expanse of water.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

The tide will turn. You mark my words.
The majority of people do not want a woke clown show in Westminster.

Michael Rolls

after all, we've already got one!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

While the current electoral system is in place we were likely to get one of two parties. As one of those parties has decided to self destruct there can be little doubt of the outcome of the next election. The next government will be Labour and the official opposition like as not the SNP or possibly the Liberals. As Labour will have a monster majority there will be no chance of proportional representation being on the menu.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on October 20, 2022, 10:01:20 AMWhile the current electoral system is in place we were likely to get one of two parties. As one of those parties has decided to self destruct there can be little doubt of the outcome of the next election. The next government will be Labour and the official opposition like as not the SNP or possibly the Liberals. As Labour will have a monster majority there will be no chance of proportional representation being on the menu.
PR was Starmers fall-back position to get himself as PM via the LibDems.

I just can't see why people have to vote Conservative or Labour, it doesn't make any sense.

But then I can also see why, it's the fear factor that if I don't vote Tory I may be letting in Labour.

It then becomes a game of who blinks first & votes for Reform.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Whatever the situation at the next election I really can't see me voting Conservative. They no longer have conservative policies. If I want mass immigration and high taxes I may as well vote Labour. If the Conservative party just dies there is at least a chance that a new party with conservative policies will arise.

Raven

Problem is IMO, people refuse to take the leap of faith needed to change things. Scotland did at long last so why doesn't England.