New Costs.

Started by Raven, September 16, 2022, 06:47:26 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

I'll just leave this little bit of joy and sunshine here.  :yell:

Diasi

Yes, I'm at the stage where I'm thinking of disconnecting the majority of my smarthome items as the combined usage is 225 watts x 24 hours = 5.4 kWh at 52p per kWh = £2.80 per day.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Jacqueline

There are things you need though, you can't make your life a misery by not using appliances.  I get so depressed when the clocks go forward I put on lots of table lamps, will just have to go out and replace the bulbs with the best and cheapest to run LED ones I don't intend to sit in the dark. Will have to be as careful as possible with appliances not just stop using them.

Lets hope for some good news and more help from the Emergency Budget next week.

Alex

Well I'm not giving up my leccy blanket, a girl's gorra stay warm  :yahoo: 

klondike

Cheaper than having the bedroom radiator on. That's a part of my plan - I have an overblanket.

Michael Rolls

winter is coming! Felt cold in the house for the first time since summer started - 18C. Normally I would put the heating on to bring it up to around 21-22, but today, with those ££££ signs rolling in front of my eyes, I gritted my teeth and put on heavier clothing
MIke
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Same here although it was 19C. I know Phil always talks of him living at lower than the inside off my fridge but I noticed the other evening when it plunged to a frosty 21C and I gave up on short sleeves. It will be jumpers next.

Raven

Don't know what the temp was in here last night, but the fire went on earlier than usual and Dageus came and lay on the rug in front of it. I also brought a light weight cardigan through in case I needed it.......Sigh.

Diasi

Quote from: Diasi on September 16, 2022, 07:50:14 PMYes, I'm at the stage where I'm thinking of disconnecting the majority of my smarthome items as the combined usage is 225 watts x 24 hours = 5.4 kWh at 52p per kWh = £2.80 per day.
The above figures are based on the October price cap, which as now changed, so I'll see what the actual kWh rate is when Shell get round to letting me know.

Also I remember posting some time back that the smart plugs could easily cover their running costs as they enable me to turn off appliances I may have accidentally have left on when I'm not in the house.

Turning off the CCTV & alarms systems could also be a false saving of a few quid, so all-in-all I'll leave everything as it is.

It still doesn't change the fact that people are having to think about such energy saving measures.

September 18, 2022, 09:00:27 AM
Quote from: Oi you! on September 17, 2022, 10:00:56 PMSame here although it was 19C. I know Phil always talks of him living at lower than the inside off my fridge but I noticed the other evening when it plunged to a frosty 21C and I gave up on short sleeves. It will be jumpers next.
It's the blast of warm air from the fridge that's quite welcome.

I'm still in short sleeves at the moment, even when I go outside.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]