Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Had to rearrange some face to face lessons to being online ones yesterday as I've got the lurgies.  Will have to do the same today.  Apart from my own feeling of general malaise, it's unfair to risk them from catching anything from me.

Suppose I'd better take a Covid test as the dry achy sore throat symptoms are on the list, and hope that it is just a dry achy cold.

Have a good day, each and every one of you.

klondike

Sounds possible. It takes 2 to 3 days from the sore throat/cough to a test showing as positive IME. Apparently your peak infectivity comes befofe the symptoms which makes complete evolutionary sense but seems counter intuitive. Hope it turns out to be mild if it is covid.

dextrous63

Thanks Klondy.  Hopefully over the worse now?  How long did you feel a bit off?

klondike

Both mine were mild and the symptoms passed in less than a week. Cough eventually made chest hurt a bit both times. I noted my timeline the first time and added the second. They originally imposed 10 day isolation post test but seem to have reduced the recommendation to 5 now. There is no longer any statutory requirement to isolate.

Djin Wednesday 4/8
Cough Friday 6/8
LF - ve 6th and 8th
LF +ve Monday 9/8
Symptoms pretty much cleared 10/8
PCR sent Tuesday 10/8
PCR Confirmed positive
2 more LF  showing +ve
LF 20/8 still positive but T line noticeably feinter
LF - ve 27/8

Friday 26/4 doctors
Cough Sunday 28/4
LF -ve Monday 29/4
LF +ve faint Tuesday 30/4
LF +ve Wednesday 1/5
LF +ve Saturday 4/5
LF +ve faint Wednesday 8/5

dextrous63

Ta.  Will wait until tomorrow to see if it is just a mild cold before taking FTs.

Fingers crossed

klondike

Only reason I tested was because I'd arranged to meet somebody. I still had some covid era tests that were abour 6 months out of date so got new from Amazon to confirm. Cheapest they had. They only have a few months life but I still used up the old free ones which still seemed to be working OK.

I never had a temperature more than maybe 0.5C over my norm (which is actually lower than average at 36.9) the second time. Don't remember if I did the first.