Annoying Stuff

Started by Alex, May 06, 2024, 02:34:19 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I was thinking this morning how annoying these corner pull up thinggies are !  I can never get a grip and end up just taking a sharp knife to the pack  :smiley:

Any more  ?

Cassandra

This 'Green' Gentleman from Leeds would say "Gawd of the bluddin blimies, serve you right innit, for eating the stinking bacon" ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

I wonder how many actual Greens voted for him. I suspect it was mostly browns.

May 06, 2024, 04:41:41 PM
Quote from: Alex on May 06, 2024, 02:34:19 PMI was thinking this morning how annoying these corner pull up thinggies are !  I can never get a grip and end up just taking a sharp knife to the pack  :smiley:
Some do work. Many won't peel at all others you just get a strip off the top. Poor quality control on the part of the supermarkets. If the packaging fails to work they should send the stuff back rather than annoy all their customers. Mind you most are used to this anyway and don't expect any better.

Alex

I wouldn't like to bump into that mussie in the dark, although from that photo he doesn't look much bigger than me  :grin:

JBR

Quote from: klondike on May 06, 2024, 04:37:53 PMI wonder how many actual Greens voted for him. I suspect it was mostly browns.

I wonder?
There can't be that many Greenies in Leeds, just as there aren't that many Greenies in the country as a whole.

I can only assume that one of two things has happened.
Either most people have just given up hoping to elect a useful and competent person to represent them,
or, as I suggested elsewhere, he has taken advantage of the many muslim votes controlled and dictated by heads of certain families, whose word is law.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I don't see why he stood on a Green ticket. He'd have done just as well as an independent imo.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on May 06, 2024, 06:21:41 PMI don't see why he stood on a Green ticket. He'd have done just as well as an independent imo.
Yes, good point.  Why ally himself with a party of which, I'm sure, he has no real interest.

muddy

Green is the colour of Islam ? 

Alex

Yeah but what about the bacon ?   😄😄😄😄

GrannyMac

Quote from: muddy on May 06, 2024, 07:36:31 PMGreen is the colour of Islam ?
It is considered sacred.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

Quote from: Cassandra on May 06, 2024, 04:05:02 PMThis 'Green' Gentleman from Leeds would say "Gawd of the bluddin blimies, serve you right innit, for eating the stinking bacon" ...

On the plus side, clothes charity shops and purveyors of bed sheets must be delighted with the free advertising of their wares.

JBR

I find this rather worrying, bearing in mind that I had always thought of Leeds as being the most civilised part of that area of the West Riding.
I suppose that it is a clear sign that nowhere in this country is completely safe from them, apart from country areas.  Even then, logically they may even expand into those areas eventually.

dextrous63

26% (and rising) of the world's population identifies as Muslim.  Unless god or whatever one wants to call it decides to intervene, it's likely that Islam will become the dominant religion within the next couple of centuries.  

This is good news in a way.... I'm now not going to book the cryogenic freezer for my body to be stored until I can be resuscitated some time in the future and will use the money saved to have a couple of holidays.  Although, it would seem that Leeds may no longer be worth the visit.