Prince Harry and the Taxpayer

Started by muddy, March 29, 2024, 02:56:58 PM

« previous - next »

muddy

Ok that's alright then .
Thank you for the explanation 😀

klondike

Prince Harry faces £1m bill after he 'comprehensively' lost his High Court battle with the Home Office for downgrading his police protection when he and Meghan quit royal life

Prince Harry was today ordered to reimburse taxpayers after losing his High Court battle with the Home Office for downgrading his police protection.

He potentially faces a bill of around £1million when his own legal costs are taken into account.

A judge rejected a bid to halve the amount he had to pay by saying the Duke of Sussex had 'comprehensively lost' his case.

Separately Sir Peter Lane also threw out the duke's application to appeal against the ruling, describing one section of it as 'frankly hopeless'.

Harry, who has previously vowed to appeal the case, can still approach the Court of Appeal directly if he wishes to pursue it.

The twin rulings are another legal blow to the duke after he lost his two-year Home Office battle in February.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13311299/Prince-Harry-faces-1m-bill-comprehensively-lost-High-Court-battle-Home-Office-downgrading-police-protection-Meghan-quit-royal-life.html

Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.

dextrous63

Excellent news.  Finally giving something back.

GrannyMac

Hopefully he'll be less deluded about his level of importance now. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

Quote from: GrannyMac on April 16, 2024, 08:00:58 AMHopefully he'll be less deluded about his level of importance now.
Wouldn't surprise me if he's starting to rue the day he got entangled with Megan.

Scrumpy

Throughout his life he has been in a position to think himself very important.. Absolutely spoiled.. indulged ,pampered and bowed down to..
He will never change.. nor mature with age because he is still living and continue to live the life he feels he is privileged to..
His mummy adored him.. She was adored , therefor the two go together.. However he is losing the adoration that once was..
In simple terms he is a prize prat..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Perhaps he could donate some of his wealth to the Islamic Centre in London.

muddy

You have to admit they are the gift that never stops giving 😀

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 16, 2024, 08:59:54 AMThroughout his life he has been in a position to think himself very important.. Absolutely spoiled.. indulged ,pampered and bowed down to..
He will never change.. nor mature with age because he is still living and continue to live the life he feels he is privileged to..
His mummy adored him.. She was adored therefor the two go together.. However he is losing the adoration that once was..
In simple terms he is a prize prat..

The worse combination perhaps. A conceited wastrel, with no idea of the value of money, never having had to earn it. Add to that a very limited mind, only used to the opinion and advice from a coven of surrounding yes men. Result, an arrogant insistence to perpetuate a belief into what his feeble reasoning 'believes' should be his right. Nothing guarantees more the erosion of character, than getting something for nothing.

I've had clients like him, you tell them not to persist with a case and save their money. They however always know best and in the end you come to the conclusion that it's their choice so be it! After all there's plenty more where his latest excess came from. Sadly they rarely learn from experience either ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...