What HAVE they done to the England shirt ?

Started by Alex, March 20, 2024, 07:32:02 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

For as long as I can remember the England football shirt has carried the flag of St George on the collar.  Nike, along with I imagine the FA revealed that the St George's Cross on the collar has been given a "playful update... to unite and inspire". :evil:

Imagine if they tried this with the German or the French national shirt !!!! gggrrrrrrr

klondike

I do think that there has been a missed opportunity if they are producing a new style England football shirt. Surely in this day and age in the interests of diversity and inclusivity they could have found room for the Palestinian flag. Or maybe they have. Is there one on the front?

GrannyMac

With some fetching rainbow stripes? Its bizarre!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I was surprised not to see a Palestinian flag  :grin: Hopefully people will boycott Nike and just not buy the shirt.

ALSO  Iceland shops have removed the cross from Hot Cross Buns, they now bake Hot Tick Buns  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

GrannyMac

ansu

Alex, you are wrong - the German football team will wear a "pink" shirt and instead of Adidas Nike will supply it. 
I think people are getting crazy lately. Someone told me that might be due to the lot of crisis we are experiencing at the moment - no idea.

JBR

I suppose that logically, the team may soon not be called 'England', but 'Englandistan',
purely on the grounds of 'diversity' you understand.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Personally I couldn't care less, but it must make it easier, for those who watch international matches, to have the country's flag on the player's shirts.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I have decided to boycott the shirt. I will not be buying one.

GrannyMac

At £130+ neither will I, whatever flag is on it!

Cassandra

Nike, who make this trash are yet another bloated, Woke American firm queuing up to offer snowflakes shirts costing £125. Typically they source them from Countries around the world employing infant labour: many like China accepting 'British Foreign Aid'.

Nike hail from Oregon, (Beaverton) a cousin State to good old Dozy Biden's completely wacky California, the most awakened State in this country.

If they tried messing around with The Stars & Stripes by tooling it up in LGBT colours, they'd face an immediate boycott as did the other effete bunch of Morons at Bud Beer last year.

Total hypocrisy fuelled by the Millenials and Gen Z.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

The German shirt still has the black, red and gold of the national flag on the home strip Ansu.  Your away strip is pink, no problem ours is purple. :grin:   It's the removal of the England flag that has annoyed everyone.

£86 for a German adult shirt,  £103 for an English adult shirt ????

JBR

Personally, I don't give a toss about football and consequently football shirts, but I have a feeling that the new ones with a woke flag won't sell particularly well.

Perhaps the manufacturers will then think again!

dextrous63

I like the (intended?) pun about California being awake, but Biden being not quite so awake.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on March 22, 2024, 07:54:57 PMI like the (intended?) pun about California being awake, but Biden being not quite so awake.
I'm sure he's on a different planet.  Perhaps why he's always falling over.
What possessed the Americans to vote him into the position of President?