Only A Joke

Started by Alex, November 06, 2023, 01:40:23 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Nigel Farage joked that he could be Tory Party Leader by 2026, it was only a joke but what would the UK look like with Farage in charge and who would he have as his right hand man  ? :grin:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on November 06, 2023, 01:40:23 PMNigel Farage joked that he could be Tory Party Leader by 2026, it was only a joke but what would the UK look like with Farage in charge and who would he have as his right hand man  ? :grin:
It would look a damned sight better than it does now.  We'd finally have a strong leader who would support the majority of genuine British people, which is far from the case right now.

I believe that the majority of British people feel exactly this way, despite the outspoken minority who argue against traditional British values.

A right-hand man?  Well Jacob Rees-Mogg would be a good ally and appears to say sensible things in his comments.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Yes I agree JRM would be a good deputy and they seem to get on well.

klondike

He'd still have most of the party to fight to even get accepted as a member. Don't forget that he humiliated them in the Euro election.

There is no longer a Conservative Party left - just a few, so very few, who still are but the rest are a bunch of useless LibDem tossers.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on November 06, 2023, 02:00:37 PMIt would look a damned sight better than it does now.  We'd finally have a strong leader who would support the majority of genuine British people, which is far from the case right now.

I believe that the majority of British people feel exactly this way, despite the outspoken minority who argue against traditional British values.

A right-hand man?  Well Jacob Rees-Mogg would be a good ally and appears to say sensible things in his comments.

Yes what a good pairing you suggest, but can it never happen with the Kensington Green Liberals prevailing as they do in what shamelessly presumes to still call itself the Conservative Party?

A truly cathartic shake down needs to take place following the next General Election. There hopefully a split manifests, with a new right of centre party like reform benefitting from decent Tory MP's consolidating with them. The Closet Liberals like, Goldsmith and Tobias et al can remain in 'The Conservative Party' as it rots away into the Green void that's fast approaching.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on November 06, 2023, 05:18:05 PMYes what a good pairing you suggest, but can it never happen with the Kensington Green Liberals prevailing as they do in what shamelessly presumes to still call itself the Conservative Party?

A truly cathartic shake down needs to take place following the next General Election. There hopefully a split manifests, with a new right of centre party like reform benefitting from decent Tory MP's consolidating with them. The Closet Liberals like, Goldsmith and Tobias et al can remain in 'The Conservative Party' as it rots away into the Green void that's fast approaching.
I can only agree.

The problem is the majority of voters!  Or perhaps miracles can really happen.

klondike

Probably the only way that can be possible is if the current Conservative party suffers a complete meltdown at the election. We know that Starmer (if he remains leader) and his happy band will turn our poor economic position into a catastrophe so just possibly something worthwhile wil rise from the ashes. Knowing our electorate though it would probably be the LibDems next with the Greens in opposition.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on November 06, 2023, 05:33:56 PMProbably the only way that can be possible is if the current Conservative party suffers a complete meltdown at the election. We know that Starmer (if he remains leader) and his happy band will turn our poor economic position into a catastrophe so just possibly something worthwhile wil rise from the ashes. Knowing our electorate though it would probably be the LibDems next with the Greens in opposition.
Yes, as I've said often, we get what we deserve.

Unfortunately, we the minority have to suffer it as well!   😨

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on November 06, 2023, 05:33:56 PMProbably the only way that can be possible is if the current Conservative party suffers a complete meltdown at the election. We know that Starmer (if he remains leader) and his happy band will turn our poor economic position into a catastrophe so just possibly something worthwhile wil rise from the ashes. Knowing our electorate though it would probably be the LibDems next with the Greens in opposition.
By that time, Hamas won't have a country to lead so it could come and set up shop over here.  After all, it already seems to have a sizeable number of supporters here already.

klondike

Well outnumbered by those from the subcontinent.

klondike

Which just goes to show how far removed from the membership the parliamentary party has become.

Michael Rolls

absolutely - a bunch of self-seeking 'glory' hunters with the rush to net zero and sod those who suffer as a result
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

The Tories have only one thing going for them and that is Keir Starmer being the leader of the Labour party..  

It is anyone's race with or without  Farage..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..