French election

Started by Alex, April 11, 2022, 09:45:42 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Yesterday's result, but this is just the first round.

klondike

I'd like to see Macron get a bloody nose but I doubt Le Pen will be any better for us.

Alex

These results say 2017 !!!  there's no hope for me...
up to date:
French President Emmanuel Macron will face the far right's Marine Le Pen in a presidential run-off on April 24 after leading the first round on Sunday with 27.6% of the vote to Le Pen's 23.0%, according to an Ipsos exit poll.

Scrumpy

Le Pen  is far right.. She was president of the National Front for many years..
She would certainly not allow illegal immigrants to get away with benefits or to become legal residents..
If she doesn't get the top job in France perhaps she should apply for the top job over here..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Jacqueline

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 11, 2022, 11:14:57 AM

Le Pen  is far right.. She was president of the National Front for many years..
She would certainly not allow illegal immigrants to get away with benefits or to become legal residents..
If she doesn't get the top job in France perhaps she should apply for the top job over here..

Yes, and I would vote for her if she did.

Alex

crabbyob

you are all red raggers.... i might just have escaped in time
you are a bad infuence on us open minded floating voters

Vive La Le Penn

1955vintage

As appalling as she is, she hates the EU and can not be worse than that little slime ball Macron.

I think she might be better for UK than Macron, but not much.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

She is French so don't expect much love.

Diasi

But if she wanted Frexit an alliance with the UK would help her.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I don't think she wants France out of the EU, but she wants to stop immigration so as usual, France will just do her own thing and stuff EU rules. :wink:

klondike

Macron is Mister EU so seeing him kicked out would be good even if his opponent had slicked down hair and a toothbrush moustache. I suspect it won't happen though. Too much media smearing of anybody on the right in politics these days.

Alex

Macron is trying to appeal to the women and young people of his country......

Gotta be surely  ?  :grin: :grin: :grin:

klondike

and any roaming gorillas...

Alex

Put a bag on his head (only because it's Macron) and he looks pretty good to me, not a bad looking fella at all  :cool: :cool: :cool: