Humza Yousaf

Started by Alex, April 09, 2024, 02:25:58 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Humza Yousaf's brother-in-law has been arrested and charged with abduction and extortion.  This follows the death of a man who fell from a block of flats in Dundee in January.

This comes three months after Mr. El-Nakla first appeared in court on charges of supplying heroin and being in possession of cocaine and cannabis.   Back then Yousaf said 'It would be inappropriate for me to comment at this stage' adding 'I'm very keen not be seen to interfere with any court case, let alone one involving my brother-in-law.'  I do wonder what Useless Yousaf's response will be to this latest embarrassment.

Spectator

JBR

Only to be expected.
But if the Scots insist on voting for the SNP, they'll have to live with it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

I've just read about this.  I think the SNP is on it's way out, unfortunately that probably means more votes for Labour.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

They certainly seem to be scandal prone and overly woke. Not that it's possible call anything overly woke imo as any woke is too much already.

As it hasn't happened here this is amusing too...

Police Scotland 'Can't Cope' With Flood of Hate Speech Reports as 8,000 Flood in During First Week of Draconian Law

Police Scotland has been overwhelmed by a flood of reports under the recently implemented draconian speech restrictions, with approximately 8,000 reports in the first week, alone, surpassing the annual total for hate crimes in general of any other year.

Law enforcement in Scotland has claimed that it "can't cope" with the staggering number of reports flooding into police stations after the controversial Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Act 2021 came into force last Monday, criminalising the opaquely-worded "stirring up hatred" towards protected groups, such as the so-called LGBTQ2AIS community, among others.

According to initial estimates, Police Scotland received around 8,000 complaints under the law in the first seven days of its implementation, which according to analysis by The Telegraph, would surpass the total number of crimes reported annually (416,000) if the trends continue.

The broadsheet also noted that the number of supposed hate speech violations reported to police in the first week surpassed the total number of hate crimes as a whole recorded in any full year in Scotland.

The chairman of the Scottish Police Federation David Threadgold warned that the man-power hours required to deal with such a large number of complaints will impact the police force's ability to deal with actual crimes, with the force already failing to solve a growing number of crimes like sexual assault, shoplifting, and car theft. Scotland has also been plagued by a drug epidemic, with the small nation having the highest drug-related deaths per capita in all of Europe.

"Police Scotland have gone public and said that on every occasion, reports of hate crime will be investigated," he said, explaining: "That creates a situation where we simply cannot cope at the moment. Officers have been brought back in to do overtime shifts and the management of that is simply unsustainable."

Threadgold went on to suggest that the law was being "weaponised" by the public in order to settle personal grudges against fellow citizens or to wage political feuds, while suggesting that the government encouraging the public to report instances of "hate" has clearly blown up in their face.

"The bottom line is should this demand remain, the police service will have to deal with it but that will clearly impact on other areas of policing," he said.

Full story : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/04/09/police-scotland-cant-cope-with-flood-of-hate-speech-reports/

I am a little concerned that I should maybe have said " As it hasn't happened here yet" as our own bunch of morons may put something similar through later.

April 09, 2024, 06:23:42 PM
Ah - spotted an explanation for that + I was puzzling about yesterday

LGBTQ2AIS 

Not that 2AIS means anything to me either  [2080]

muddy

Must be great for burglars the police never hasty about coming out anyway will be far too busy

GrannyMac

I - Intersex. Used to be called hermaphrodites. 
A - Asexual. Not interested in sex

Don't know about 2 or S.

klondike

Hermaphrodites are entirely natural but not for humans where I imagine it could only be the case as a birth defect - fused fraternal twins. Earthworms are hermaphrodites.

Not sure why Asexual would figure.I read that Ted Heath was reckoned to be asexual and expect it isn't all that rare.

GrannyMac

One example of human hermaphrodite/intersex might be a baby who outwardly appears female, but has undescended testes.  Unlikely to be discovered until puberty.  People who are intersex may have a mix of chromosomes. They are very few, but they do exist. 

dextrous63

Here's a human hermaphrodite from the well known documentary "carry on spying" made in 1964

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on April 10, 2024, 07:49:03 AMOne example of human hermaphrodite/intersex might be a baby who outwardly appears female, but has undescended testes.  Unlikely to be discovered until puberty.  People who are intersex may have a mix of chromosomes. They are very few, but they do exist.
I thought hermaphrodites had to have both sets of sexual organs.

Alex

They do ,  I remember them from Biology in school, only because I liked the word :upvote:

Ashy

Can anyone explain why a person who is not interested in sex needs a flag to demonstrate their sexuality?

JBR

Hermaphroditism.

Reading the comment above regarding earthworms made me think.  If those rather strange people who want to have a sex change thought further about it and, instead, decided to have BOTH sex organs (which I assume might be possible with the technology we have today), they could do exactly what earthworms do:

- choose to have sex with any other hermaphrodite!

In fact, if we were all hermaphrodites (which might conceivably happen one day) we'd have twice the opportunities to find a sexual partner.

Although it doesn't appeal to me, I can at least see some sort of advantage.  😁🙄
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: Ashy on April 10, 2024, 01:01:53 PMCan anyone explain why a person who is not interested in sex needs a flag to demonstrate their sexuality?

INCLUSIVITY  - The Woke's National Anthem!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...