Why do people ruin Dogs?

Started by Cassandra, October 14, 2023, 08:36:44 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on October 16, 2023, 02:52:13 PMFortunately, unlike the 'wild creatures' you seem to have over there, our two cats are pretty safe in our garden and presumably in neighbours' gardens too.
The only 'dangers' I am aware of are other cats and next-door's dog, though that is only a little rump of a thing!
The other possible dangers, though, especially these days, are idiotic young yobs who do go around attacking or even killing animals - just for fun.  Fortunately, we don't see them around here, at least for now.

We are subject to Black Bears, Grey Wolves and Bobcats although I've not seen any. Next door have a Siamese cat but he fortunately hardly roams at all.

Here the young people are refreshingly polite and behaved, although they are essentially 'country' children and are bought up to respect Wildlife. The local Indian tribes (Pokagon) are also very disciplined and respect every creature as having a soul and deserving respect. One gave me a whistle that I carry with me to 'warn' bears that I'm coming. Black bears will avoid humans at all costs and only ever re-act aggressively if their surprised. When they hear the whistle they run off to hide, very aware we can kill at a distance. Same applies apparently to the wild cats too.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on October 16, 2023, 03:44:02 PMWe are subject to Black Bears, Grey Wolves and Bobcats although I've not seen any. Next door have a Siamese cat but he fortunately hardly roams at all.

Oh, Black Bears, Wolves and Bobcats don't scare me.  I'd just punch them on the nose if they started a fight.

No, the only thing I'm scared of is Marge, if she's in a bad mood.
When that happens, I just quietly slink away somewhere out of sight until she's calmed down.  😨
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Gosh.  I wish I could have a whistle that would cause several things to disappear and hide when I blew it.  eg...

Drivers who cut corners.
Shoppers who insist on taking up as much space as possible while they dither in front of displays and refrigerators.

Etc etc

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 17, 2023, 08:17:46 AMGosh.  I wish I could have a whistle that would cause several things to disappear and hide when I blew it.  eg...

Drivers who cut corners.
Shoppers who insist on taking up as much space as possible while they dither in front of displays and refrigerators.

Etc etc

Dex, I feel that I must remind you that there are lesser beings around us who have not achieved the knowledge and abilities of us superior people.

Nothing to do with knowledge and academia.  It is a lack of practical application to the problems we face.
It's all about developing the right attitude through experience.

Driving, for example.  When I was young, I used to speed on the motorway, but having seen car smashes, cars on their roofs and ambulances with flashing blue lights parked nearby to them, I eventually learnt that driving at 80mph might gain me perhaps a minute at my destination compared to driving at 65mph.

Stand back and take a deep breath.

Then swear at the buggers dithering about in the supermarket... under your breath of course.

(Er, what has this to do with dogs?)

dextrous63

Good points there JB.  Especially the suggestion that my post may not actually be related to dogs🥹🤭

Alex

Whats worse is those who dither in front of freezers or displays with their bloody trolley in front of them !

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 17, 2023, 08:17:46 AMGosh.  I wish I could have a whistle that would cause several things to disappear and hide when I blew it.  eg...

Drivers who cut corners.

Etc etc

The entirety of The Liberal Dumbocrats and over here just plain Dumbocrat parties. Nothing to do with dogs I just wish they'd all never been born or their bloody electric cars with them!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

Just to keep the thread on track, are we suggesting that selfish corner cutting drivers, shopping ditherers who spread themselves wide across shelf and fridge fronts, and US liberals are most likely to damage dogs due to their ways of thinking? 🤭😬😉

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 17, 2023, 04:08:44 PMJust to keep the thread on track, are we suggesting that selfish corner cutting drivers, shopping ditherers who spread themselves wide across shelf and fridge fronts, and US liberals are most likely to damage dogs due to their ways of thinking? 🤭😬😉
Yes, I'd say so.