Christmas & birthdays cards v electronic cards,

Started by alfred, December 29, 2021, 03:48:50 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

i begin to wonder with the rise of postage stamps and more people including myself  of sending electronic cards as well as Christmas cards to friends, and relatives, will electronic cards eventually take over from receiving a Christmas. Or even a birthday, christening card or any thing else on a card ,

as it is sending any thing electronic means that in many occasions your electronic card will arrive on a person tablet. laptop or even a desk top with in seconds of sending it,

where as a card could take weeks to arrive , some don't even arrive at all, ?

Q; have you any thoughts on sending or even receiving cards,.

Raven

To be honest I only hand deliver the cards. If I'm not seeing any of the family in the few weeks beforehand I post all their parcels ect putting the cards in with the presents. I usually post a Christmas Card within a group online.

Alex

I still post Christmas cards, but those who live nearby I shove thru the letterbox.
It's nice receiving paper cards as they look very festive.  I've got glass doors in my sitting room so I stick them up on there.  Previously stuck them on the wooden door and it brought all the paint off :grin: :grin: :grin:

Raven

Quote from: Alex on December 29, 2021, 04:28:17 PM
I still post Christmas cards, but those who live nearby I shove thru the letterbox.
It's nice receiving paper cards as they look very festive.  I've got glass doors in my sitting room so I stick them up on there.  Previously stuck them on the wooden door and it brought all the paint off :grin: :grin: :grin:

Oopps  :smiley: When the kids were at school you couldn't move in the house for all the cards, they were everywhere.  :rolleyes:

Scrumpy

Mine have dwindled down to a handful.. We stopped posting cards a while back because of the expense..
I was pleased to receive an e-card from Alfred.. Lovely thought..
My family and friends use (tippy tongue) . We take pics on phone then the firm send them to whoever on a postcard..
It works well.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

I do a mix. Postal cards - about 20 - e-cards - about the same, and hand delivered - only three. I sen E-card to folk I know appreciate them, postal card to those of whom I do not know their feelings about E-cards (and quite a few of them don't have computers)
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Flying Bomb

If I thought that someone begrudged the price of a
stamp to wish me well, then I'd best not know them.
Same with a telephone call.

Raven

Quote from: Flying Bomb on December 30, 2021, 06:56:43 AM
If I thought that someone begrudged the price of a
stamp to wish me well, then I'd best not know them.
Same with a telephone call.

WOW, You in a bad mood today? Are you ok?   :cry:

klondike

I don't begrudge the recipient anything. I do begrudge paying many times over the price of what a stamp used to cost for a degraded service though so I no longer post any cards.

Alex

The stamps cost more than the cards now, I just have to live with it as some people are too far away for me to push thru the letterbox.

Flying Bomb

Quote from: Raven on December 30, 2021, 12:13:15 PM
WOW, You in a bad mood today? Are you ok?   :cry:

WOW, I'm absolutely fine, fine.
I do miss licking an old postage stamp
for a letter to my love.  :-)
Maybe that's what is wrong with the World now,
not enough licking :grin:

Raven

Quote from: Flying Bomb on December 30, 2021, 03:45:20 PM

You may just have hit the nail on the head there.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Flying Bomb on December 30, 2021, 03:45:20 PM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: I'm up and lickin'..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..