nice getting back to normal.

Started by alfred, December 29, 2021, 03:27:33 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Its nice indulging in the festive activities and the food that gets eaten and yet after the festive season its always nice to get back to normal
that is returning the house, or flat, back to its original state, and also replacing rich foods with the basics, that is food such as beans on toast,

although we are fortunate to have a variety of food all year round and so Christmas in reality becomes simply another day
as years   even turkey  or even chicken at one time was a luxury
now you buy ready cooked chickens from many supermarkets,.

Q; so what basic foods do you enjoy, and will you share your thoughts with us,

Raven

Mostly plain cooking here
Beef, veg, potatoes, make lots of stew, mince, spag bol, stovies. Home made soups ect. Sort of stuff we were all brought up on.
Yes we do have a Fish Supper after an evening dog walk sometimes, and the VERY occasional chinese carryout.

Alex

I like home made soups and stews too.  Anything on toast like tomato or mushrooms, the beans must be cold though  :grin:

Scrumpy

I like poached eggs on buttered toast with smoked salmon..
Pasta with chicken but my favourite it a roast dinner.

Good to see you still posting on here Alfred.. Wouldn't be the same without you.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

Quote from: alfred on December 29, 2021, 03:27:33 PM
Its nice indulging in the festive activities and the food that gets eaten and yet after the festive season its always nice to get back to normal
that is returning the house, or flat, back to its original state, and also replacing rich foods with the basics, that is food such as beans on toast,

although we are fortunate to have a variety of food all year round and so Christmas in reality becomes simply another day
as years   even turkey  or even chicken at one time was a luxury
now you buy ready cooked chickens from many supermarkets,.

Q; so what basic foods do you enjoy, and will you share your thoughts with us,

Thanks Alfred, you've inspired my indolent appetite so I'm going to peel some potatoes and make a nice, buttery, cheesy corned beef hash. With NO onions in it!  :ugh:

alfred

Thank you Zoony and Scrumpy,i will post on here and also the pensioners forum  too,  i like the idea of a challenge, and this forum will give me just that,

best wishes to you both  and other forum members,
(Oh and a happy new year, may your wishes come true,)