Come the revolution

Started by klondike, August 04, 2023, 08:46:32 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Britain is now an elite dictatorship where majority opinions are crushed
Start listening to the voters on cars, crime and wokery, or there'll be an uprising even bigger than Brexit

Britain's deranged war on cars, our looming ban on gas boilers, the debanking scandal, the failure to prosecute crime, the attempted cancellation of women, the sabotage of the Brexit agenda, the scale of migration: welcome to anti-democratic Britain, where the beleaguered majority is increasingly subject to the whims of an entitled, activist elite that often seems to despise the people over which it exercises so much power.

All the policies listed above share a devastating commonality: they are deeply unpopular, and would be crushed in a referendum after a fair campaign, were the politicians courageous enough to grant the public a say (in the case of Brexit, they did, of course, and continue to this day to resist implementing the revolutionary change implied by the vote).

In a truly majoritarian society, one where the demos actually exercised kratos, no form of crime would be tolerated, and certainly not burglaries or muggings. Nobody would dare to indoctrinate school children with extreme trans ideology, and the green agenda would be centred around urgent technological innovation rather than seeking to prevent working people from flying to holidays in the sun.

Yet we live in a very different political reality, one in which public opinion is flagrantly disregarded whenever it doesn't align with the views of the ruling class. Westminster has become cartelised: the large parties are committed to an unrealistic dash to net zero, refuse to discuss the gargantuan cost involved, and omit to mention that Britain's carbon emissions are about 3 per cent of China's. On the great subjects of our time – family policy, the size of the state, the NHS and even planning rules – there is little difference between Tory, Labour and Lib Dem MPs, disenfranchising millions.

Full story : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/08/02/britain-now-elite-dictatorship-majority-opinions-crushed/

Sadly I don't think much will happen. We aren't French so they feel safe.

Michael Rolls

As you may know, I am a Telegraph reader - read that article and agreed with every word.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I think all here think similarly on this. It's good to see it getting a mention in a broadsheet other than the Mail though. That's if any still are broadsheets. I haven't looked at a paper apart from freesheets in years.

Alex

All of the above mentioned borrocks seems to have happened in such a short time, at least it seems that way to me. :wtf:

klondike

Since Brexit. It's likely the establishment clamping down on the little people. They had a taster of control with the surprising acquiescence to lockdowns. Now they know they can get away with anything so long as the lie is big enough.

JBR

It's true.  The British, or at least most of them, are not revolting people!  Or should I say, they tend not to easily resort to revolutions.

On the other hand, yes, actually it has happened in the past.

And it could happen again.  We can only be pushed so far.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire