muddy

Alex

This should happen in every English city  :upvote:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I agree!

I know Sheffield Town Hall usually flies the appropriate flags on Saints days too, and it looks like London is celebrating.  https://www.london.gov.uk/events/st-georges-day-2024
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

We have a flag down our road.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'm currently flying the union flag. Will swap over to a George flag later. It's in the rear garden so not especially visible. I made a gif of my George flag a while back. They fray so it will be a new one. I think I have a new one in stock.

Raven

I would never fly a Union Flag, each of the 4 countries has it's own flag to fly for local things/holidays. I feel the Union flag is for when the 4 members do something together.

klondike

Maybe that's because you don't believe in the union?

Alex

Did anyone see the St George Day march in London ?   No idea if it was on the news, but on Twatter someone has posted a video of London police attacking, or rather laying into 2 or 3 fellas sporting St George's flag.
No idea what the story is, but can't help thinking if they'd been carrying Palestinian flags the incident wouldn't have happened.

GrannyMac

No problems reported at the event on Sunday in Trafalgar square, but that was a celebration rather than a march.   

Alex

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 24, 2024, 06:54:18 PM

Joking apart, that does tend to reflect what is happening in Londonistan.
I have a feeling that, somehow, Khan will be re-elected in order to complete what he has started.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

The Mayor of London St George's day event on Sunday was English in its extreme!  Beer, Pimms and gin tent.  Morris dancing! May queens, Pearly kings and queens.  St George and his dragon. 

Much more fun than marching IMO. 😉

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..