How do you download a video from Twitter ?

Started by muddy, January 27, 2024, 06:37:14 PM

« previous - next »

muddy

Please could someone tell me how do I copy a video from Twitter ? 
I am on an iPad .
Thank  you 

klondike

Do you have any other devices?

https://jdownloader.org will do it but I doubt an iPad will run it. The setup to download from twitter is a bit of a faf but a search will bring up the instructions on how to do it.

muddy

Thank you .
I am not tech savvy and the apple devices can be tricky .
I will try it in my lap top .

klondike

I did it to put a twitter video onto YouTube as some folks here didn't want twitter IDs which were needed to view it.

This may have been the process I followed. Not certain though and there are plenty of hits from people having problems.

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=93810

Jdownloader itself is easy to install and will grab video from most sources such as YouTube  or Putlocker sites that need a login but Twitter seems to give problems.

If you get stuck and it's only a few videos let me have the twitter URLs and I'll see if I can still grab them ok. then I can put them on my home server and you can grab them from there. Best to use PM if that's the way.

This is one from Twitter I put on YouTube

klondike

I just checked and the Twitter account I'd added to Jdownloader was no longer there for some reason - most likely I'd used a different computer - so I went through the process again and it worked OK.

First you'll need a Twitter account and you'll probably need to add an extension to your browser instructions in the link below.

https://support.jdownloader.org/Knowledgebase/Article/View/account-cookie-login-instructions

I use cookie editor and Brave as my browser but there are other options as mentioned in the instructions.

If you get stuck PM me the links I'll grab them and PM you a link back you can download from.

Alex

I just click on the twitter clip til it says ' copy video address' then come on here and paste. :cool:

klondike

That doesn't download it which was what muddy wanted.

Alex

She just wanted to copy a clip from Twitter to put on here

klondike

Ah. Never occurred to me that would be a problem.

How do you download a video from Twitter ? Meant exactly that to me. I didn't ask why. I assumed she thought it was something that was likely to get taken down and wanted to save it.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on January 29, 2024, 12:02:17 PMAh. Never occurred to me that would be a problem.

How do you download a video from Twitter ? Meant exactly that to me. I didn't ask why. I assumed she thought it was something that was likely to get taken down and wanted to save it.

. 🤓  a misunderstanding as she used ' download' in her title and ' copy' in her post 👍

klondike

How do I copy a video from Twitter along with download from meant only one thing to me. 

Anyway if you want to grab some stuff you find before Plod has it taken down you now know how...  :wink:

muddy

Oh gosh 
Sorry for the confusion .
I did mean copy I thought download was more ot less the same thing. :nooo:

Ashy

If only people would say what they unkind or parsimonious.

Alex

Parsimonious ! now there's an old fashioned word....... :cool:

muddy

I tried the copy and paste thing it didn't work for me .