Can I find websites in my smart TV?

Started by Michael Rolls, January 12, 2024, 11:16:14 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

the reason for asking is that Victoria's funeral will be live streamed on Monday. I can(fingers crossed that I don't lose internet connection) bring it up on the computer, but I would, if possible, prefer to watch on the TV, but I can't work out a way. I used YouTube to reach the Google site, but see no way of getting Google to search for a site as no alphabet is displayed for entering the address
TIA
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Can you cast from a PC, tablet or phone to the TV?

Smart TV is a generic term so there is no way of telling what yours can manage.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332

Michael Rolls

thanks - but looking at that, I don't think hat my TV can cope (or to be more honest, the TV operator can't cope). Thanks anyway - the service is only 40-45 minutes so I will be OK with the computer. I was worried about losing the internet, which is happening quite often at the moment, but I spoke with the undertakers and they make the service available for downloading a couple of days after the event, which is good news.
[email protected]

Alex

Years ago I bought a lead that plugged into my laptop and other end into the telly - a Plasma which I've still got.  No idea what happened to the lead, I think I ' loaned' it to somebody !

Good luck Michael, hope your stream is uninterrupted.

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 12, 2024, 02:38:16 PMI spoke with the undertakers and they make the service available for downloading a couple of days after the event, which is good news.
Although I went in person to my neighbour's funeral, I downloaded the video from the undertaker's website & made DVD copies for his family members to keep as it was only on the website for a short time.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

even if I manage to watch uninterrupted, I will try and save the download as well.
[email protected]