Nurse Lucy Letby

Started by Alex, August 18, 2023, 08:02:54 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on August 19, 2023, 03:55:49 PMSo her mother is also complicit.
I should have been more specific, the report didn't actually say when she confided in her Mum.

I was answering Alex's post where she said "Her Mum was very chatty and a lovely person, I can't imagine how she feels now".
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Diasi on August 19, 2023, 03:07:07 PMThere is the offence of Corporate Manslaughter whereby company officials can be prosecuted for deaths, for example, on a building site if they ignored reports of dangerous machinery.

By ignoring the doctors' concerns, the hospital CEO facilitated the deaths of some of the children.
Well I've just seen it mentioned on the GB News running banner, by the main prosecutor, that the police should be asked to look at possible charges of Corporate Manslaughter, 
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ruthio

Absolutely 💯 % corporate manslaughter ✅ 

Diasi

Well it's not taken long for the ducking & diving to begin.

https://tinyurl.com/bp4s5vjr
[email protected]

klondike

I wonder how she ever got charged after that whitewash. I won't dig into it myself very deeply though as it is increasingly depressing finding out just how bad the NHS has become.

I've now read two conflicting accounts of what lead to her arrest. News reporting is pretty dreadful.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on August 20, 2023, 07:53:12 PMI wonder how she ever got charged he'd after that whitewash. I won't dig into it myself very deeply though as it is increasingly depressing finding out just how bad the NHS has become.

I've now read two conflicting accounts of what lead to her arrest. News reporting is pretty dreadful.
I wonder if the police said "Letsby 'avin you" when they arrested her?
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Apart from the headlines, I have not really followed this appalling case. Today, however, I did sit down and read some detail. Above all, I was horrified to read that when senior medical staff reported their concerns to management, they were effectively told to go forth and multiply. Apparently, they were ordered to write letters of apology.
What on earth is going on? OK I have been retired from the NHS for 29 years, but that is something that I just cannot understand from my day. Back then, in my last few years, I worked for the Mid Surrey Health Authority, which disappeared in one the subsequent reorganisations so beloved of politicians.
We had a general hospital – a run of the mill DGH, a large Mental Illness hospital, a large Mental Handicap hospital, a few cottage hospitals, a couple of outsourced units, etc,. The team responsible for running the Authority comprised the District Administrator ( I was his number two) the District Finance Officer, the District Nursing Officer, the District Medial Officer, the District Engineer, the District Building Officer, a representative of local GPs, and a representative of the Medical Executive Committee ,the senior consultants of the various specialties. Apart from the DMO, who was directly responsible for a number of clinics, none of them, nor me, had directl involvement (other than at second hand, including myself) with patients, but if a senior medico approached us with such a concern, no way would it have been ignored – in our early days as a new authority, we discovered that lazy nurses in the MI unit were injecting patients through their clothing - soon sorted after disciplinary action.
I am horrified at what seems to have gone on. Oh, and in our maternity unit there were, sadly and inevitably, cases of still births (although Epsom had one of the lowest rates in the country after I pointed out to the DHSS that they had got their figures wrong!) but from memory I am pretty certain they did not have a single neonatal death of a baby who had survived delivery and the first week.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

apologies for somehow posting all that twice! Interloper removed!
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 21, 2023, 07:29:10 AMapologies for somehow posting all that twice! Interloper removed!
If you click the 'More' button it gives you the option of removing a post.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

yes, I've done that, thanks, Phil
[email protected]

Alex

Since her arrest the Countess doesn't take any premature babies, they're taken to Alder Hey.  Emergency C Sections only at Chester, no idea how long this will go on, it's a bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on August 21, 2023, 10:03:08 AMSince her arrest the Countess doesn't take any premature babies, they're taken to Alder Hey.  Emergency C Sections only at Chester, no idea how long this will go on, it's a bit like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted.
Typical top management decision as they'll think the public are stupid enough to realise that this solves nothing.

The next one could be working at Alder Hey.

A better solution would be to introduce close-up CCTV monitoring at the bed / incubator of each baby & make it a requirement for two persons to be present at all times on neonatal wards.

This could be paid for by sacking the Diversity Officer & his / her staff.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on August 21, 2023, 10:36:57 AMTypical top management decision as they'll think the public are stupid enough to realise that this solves nothing.

The next one could be working at Alder Hey.

A better solution would be to introduce close-up CCTV monitoring at the bed / incubator of each baby & make it a requirement for two persons to be present at all times on neonatal wards.

This could be paid for by sacking the Diversity Officer & his / her staff.
I agree completely.

In fact, by sacking at least half of the senior non-clinical staff, the NHS as a whole could employ more clinicians to the ultimate benefit of us, the patients.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on August 21, 2023, 10:50:20 AMI agree completely.

In fact, by sacking at least half of the senior non-clinical staff, the NHS as a whole could employ more clinicians to the ultimate benefit of us, the patients.
Yes, it would probably pay for a few more brand new hospitals.

During the years when I had the misfortune to be a Civil Servant, I regarded one of my middle management roles to be that of mitigating the stupid decisions made by the top tier management.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on August 21, 2023, 11:04:07 AMYes, it would probably pay for a few more brand new hospitals.

During the years when I had the misfortune to be a Civil Servant, I regarded one of my middle management roles to be that of mitigating the stupid decisions made by the top tier management.
You might imagine that promotion to senior management would be by ability.
Unfortunately, the evidence suggests that it isn't, but is by personal recommendation by 'mates' who look after each other!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire