Gotta Love Cats

Started by Alex, January 26, 2022, 09:02:35 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

-Oy-

That's one grumpy kitty :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

Bit of a meme on grumpy cats and ugly dogs come to that. Shame that we anthropomorphise  them.

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on January 26, 2022, 09:21:45 PM
Bit of a meme on grumpy cats and ugly dogs come to that. Shame that we anthropomorphise  them.

Why is it a shame? It brings love and comfort to both :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

Maybe but the cats probably aren't grumpy. Well no more grumpy than any cat.  :smiley:

How can we judge a dog pretty or ugly - that's really up to other dogs.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

-Oy-

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 27, 2022, 03:11:40 AM
one mighty moggie!
Mike

A Moggie is a mouse or a creepy crawly where I come from :)

Michael Rolls

never heard that before - I think you will find that moggie for cat is far more widely used
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

oh, and it was also used for Morgan sports cars - although there aren't as many of them as there are of cats
Mike
[email protected]

-Oy-

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 27, 2022, 09:06:33 AM
oh, and it was also used for Morgan sports cars - although there aren't as many of them as there are of cats
Mike

Dr Google says...

https://www.lakenheath.af.mil/News/Photos/igphoto/2000674580/

Round here Moggie/Moggy for cat used to mean you were a Scouser or descendant thereoff althouht the cat varient is more common these days I think.

Michael Rolls

Thanks - fascinating. Perhaps dropping 'catcher' was akin to the warships now known as 'destroyers'. They were originally called 'torpedo boat destroyers' having been specially developed to be fast enough to catch the TBs. Not sure when the name got changed, but pretty sure it was before WW1
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Northampton.
To me moggie has always meant cat. Not heard of any other meaning in these parts.
Ther's nowt strange as folk.  :smiley:

Scrumpy

Moggie down here means cat.. I love them.. Even the scraggy ones..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Dayjo

Quote from: -Oy- on January 27, 2022, 08:57:21 AM
A Moggie is a mouse or a creepy crawly where I come from :)
They, sometimes, are wabbies, around here....
As you slide down the banister of life.
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction.

crabbyob

i was surprised to find it meant mouse here, well it did down t'pit....