Our Future Prime Minister

Started by Alex, April 10, 2024, 12:07:44 PM

« previous - next »

muddy

Election 
S for London Mayor are in two weeks time .
Sadiq Khan is favourite for a third term 

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: muddy on April 27, 2024, 03:48:20 PMElection
S for London Mayor are in two weeks time .
Sadiq Khan is favourite for a third term
As far as I know there are fewer muslim voters than white British in London, so why is it odds on that Khan will be voted in as the next mayor?
Why do so many white Londoners want him, especially if they are drivers?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I'd guess that most London residents don't have cars and are pleased with the anti-car measures. PLus they are all pinko lefties of course.

dextrous63

I'd imagine that a lot of people have been apathetic.  Hopefully there may be some dissent over the recent protest marches amongst other things, and more people therefore bother to go and vote for an alternative, assuming there is a viable alternative🤷🏻�♂️

JBR

I suppose that they are the people who live there and, regardless of their race, if they seem to be happy living with the difficulties and additional expense of driving, that is their choice.

As for the protest marches, again, if the people who live there are affected by them they do have the choice to vote for a change.  Perhaps most people who live there, of any colour, are happy with what is going on that is their choice.  

I do, however, feel sorry for the Jews who live there as they must feel oppressed by both the protesters, the police who do nothing about it and, of course, their mayor.  What happened to 'racial equality'?  The police and, of course, their ultimate boss Khan have much to answer for.

klondike

Quote from: JBR on April 27, 2024, 07:52:23 PMf they seem to be happy living with the difficulties and additional expense of driving
Given the constant congestion and the tube I wouldn't bother with a car in London. I think most of the traffic is folks driving in and out from outside plus deliveries and the like. In other words few of the residents other than those so rich they don't care actually have any driving expenses because they don't have a car. Certainly I doubt many from the ghettos do.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 27, 2024, 08:21:18 PMGiven the constant congestion and the tube I wouldn't bother with a car in London. I think most of the traffic is folks driving in and out from outside plus deliveries and the like. In other words few of the residents other than those so rich they don't care actually have any driving expenses because they don't have a car. Certainly I doubt many from the ghettos do.
Perhaps so.  However, it is not a place I would ever want to live in.

I have visited places of interest I have ever wanted to in the past, when things were different there, and I certainly have no wish to go back there.
Marge and I did go there a few months ago, when a good friend was receiving his 'fellowship' in his profession, and stayed the night in a decent hotel in the centre.
I couldn't wait to get out the next day!

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on April 27, 2024, 07:15:39 PMI'd guess that most London residents don't have cars and are pleased with the anti-car measures. Plus they are all pinko lefties of course.
A lot of the residents who live in flats have nowhere to keep a car, but there is evidence that house dwellers do own cars, and the local councils apply a special tax on them.

Anti-car measures affect everyone in one way or another and I suspect that the majority opinion is in the scale from opposed to neutral.

klondike

I wonder why Khan keeps getting voted in then. He seems to be 100% anti car.

Alex

The Tories needed a stronger candidate to knock Khan off his perch. imho

klondike

The Conservative brand has vanished around the bend so I can't see any chance of them winning whatever Khan does.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 28, 2024, 01:15:15 PMThe Conservative brand has vanished around the bend so I can't see any chance of them winning whatever Khan does.
Too much to expect Londoners to vote for Reform, I suppose.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on April 28, 2024, 09:20:13 AMI wonder why Khan keeps getting voted in then. He seems to be 100% anti car.

Lots of Muslim voters and lots of proxy votes paid for by their various 'organisations' ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on April 28, 2024, 02:37:13 PMLots of Muslim voters and lots of proxy votes paid for by their various 'organisations' ...
Interestingly, I am just now watching an excellent film: 'Hitler: The Rise of Evil'.
It describes the rise to power of Adolf Hitler.
Some would draw parallels!