air ambulance,

Started by alfred, June 28, 2022, 01:48:00 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

For over five years  iv supported  the Essex air ambulance service and its (the only one i subscribe to ) as having seen it in action some years back where by a man in a local pub had a heart attack and although the small green outside the pub had sufficient room for an air ambulance  helicopter to land which it did and in such a small place  it  saved the mans life as he was flown to a hospital a few miles away and luckily survived his ordeal,

And of course they aren't supported by the government but rely  on donors goodwill ,although i pay just under £9.00 a month, via D.D i don't begrudge it as i think its  good to have a life saving service which other wise many people could have died and these pilots and medical people are the best , as they go to some horrific accidents , and have to park in awkward places nearest to the incident ,
so yes i will continue to pay as i think this is a must  and a very essential service,

Q;  what do you think are other worthwhile life saving charities and will you share your thoughts with us,

Michael Rolls

One of the charities I support is the Scottish Charity Air Ambulance based just down the road - give them £100 a year, £200 if I'm feeling flush
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I give my time as a volunteer, and we donate by DD to the British Heart Foundation.  The NHS alone would have been unable to fund their research, which has helped so many people with heart conditions. It's a choice of charity based on an inherited condition which caused my brother in law to die prematurely, and my OH to have a debilitating condition.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

-Oy-

I've supported the NW Air Ambulance since I witnessed and photographed a motorbike accident quite a few years back. Quick reactions on hearing the tyres squeal meant I had a series of photos showing exactly what happened. This was up on the moors at Rivington near Bolton. The air ambulance was there in less than 15min and saved at least a leg if not a life. My photos were used in court.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."