High Way Code

Started by hugh, January 29, 2022, 11:01:39 AM

« previous - next »

hugh

From today you must open your car with your LEFT arm.
Happy Golfer

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

You must have your dog secured in the back of the car too, or a £1,000 fine.

Flying Bomb

Quote from: hugh on January 29, 2022, 11:01:39 AM
From today you must open your car with your LEFT arm.
Is that if your left handed? 
Right handed people need a TV licence.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Flying Bomb on January 29, 2022, 01:00:05 PM
Is that if your left handed? 
Right handed people need a TV licence.
My gammy left arm can't reach the door - now what?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

hugh

Some bright spark also decided cyclist should ride in the centre of the road and not to one side Yobs should have fun now riding round London holding up traffic and not be breaking the law :grin: :grin: :grin:
Happy Golfer

klondike

Quote from: Alex on January 29, 2022, 11:55:22 AM
You must have your dog secured in the back of the car too, or a £1,000 fine.
Does that mean I have to get one? Any tips on where or what sort?

Scrumpy

Sitting here on the sofa I have gone through the actions of  parking up.. taking keys out of ignition and reaching for the door..
Hooray..!!! I already use my left hand.. Phew!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: klondike on January 29, 2022, 05:34:03 PM
Does that mean I have to get one? Any tips on where or what sort?
If you've got a dog   :grin: :grin:

Jacqueline

We followed a cyclist the other day for a few miles at about 10mph on a main road full of bends with not many safe places to overtake, the tailback of cars was as far as you could see.

Now in these day of save the planet, save energy etc. is there any sense in cars and lorries chugging around behind  bikes using up far more more fuel than necessary?  now the new laws give priority to bikes to cause more polution, have those who made these laws thought this out properly?

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

hugh

Don't forget at road junctions if people want the cross the road you must stop and let them. On a busy day you could waiting for quite a spell.
Happy Golfer

Michael Rolls

haven't seen the new wording yet, but has it been changed? Rule 170 in my copy - 2007 edition - states that a pedestrian who has started to cross at a junction has right of way. It does not say a motorist has to give way to someone waiting to cross. Rule 195 - Zebra crossings - makes it clear you must give way to a pedestrian ON the crossing but does NOT say you must give way to someone waiting to cross - although I always do so provided stopping is safe.
In a busy town centre having to give way to pedestrians apparently waiting to cross (bane of my life  -gossips near a zebra but with no intention of using it) could be a disaster - you see someone hovering at pavement, you stop - and get rear-ended
Mike
[email protected]

hugh

The new High Way Code came law this week Mike.
Happy Golfer

klondike

IME they often don't even look and will be crossing anyway. Run 'em over and it was probably classed your fault. Do from now and it will certainly be classed as your fault. I can't see it making a major change with pedestrians but bikes are a different matter and there will be problems for sure.