The ridiculous Gaza debate

Started by muddy, February 22, 2024, 08:21:14 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Diasi

Quote from: muddy on February 23, 2024, 11:12:27 AMMassive armed police presence ?????
The Met has 2,000 firearms officers so I'd call that massive for confronting the flag wavers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 23, 2024, 11:21:07 AM

Strongly backed up by

Those pictures are undoubtedly representative of our police services today.
What surprises me is how whoever is ultimately responsible for it has managed to change them so much and so quickly.
Is there an underlying group somewhere in this country who is driving these changes?  In Parliament?  In the civil service?  in the Lords?  In the judiciary?
If so, why?  Who wants to change this country and its laws irrevocably?

The last individual to make such changes, as far as I'm aware, was Treason May when she was PM.  One of the first things she did was to decimate our police forces (as were) in numbers, and there are now apparently directives and rules from above which direct the police to refuse to act against certain specific acts.

The latest is that performed by the 'Palestinian crowds' in Londonistan yesterday:  the projection on the tower of Westminster ('Big Ben') of a scrolling message, "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free".  The police? - No action, and an official statement that, as far as they are concerned, no laws have been broken.

I am aware that the police are now undermanned (thanks May), so may feel that they are afraid of taking any action against these disruptors who heavily outnumber them.  More worrying is the possibility that they have now been persuaded to agree with this growing dissention of traditional British values.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

It's true that a fair percentage of the flag wavers appear to be Islingtion lefty types rather than Jihadis but the numbers must be intimidating regardless of the makeup.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 23, 2024, 12:09:28 PMIt's true that a fair percentage of the flag wavers appear to be Islingtion lefty types rather than Jihadis but the numbers must be intimidating regardless of the makeup.
If the police are still acting as peacekeepers of our country, and yet are heavily outnumbered, if we wish to retain our democratic freedoms, steps should be taken.

Obviously, we need more police, but under proper control by those at the top, so I think the first step would be to replace the completely inept head of the Met.

Then, to deal with overwhelming numbers of pro-terrorists, water cannon should be brought back.  We have nowhere near the numbers of police to repel them physically, so water cannon seem to be the next best step.

Of course, to allow that we need a better government.

klondike

I think miracle was the word you were looking for...

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 23, 2024, 01:11:54 PMI think miracle was the word you were looking for...
Seeing what many say on t'internet, and on t'telly, I think it would be a miracle if Reform should form the next government.

Nevertheless, I shall vote for them.  I see them as a life raft on a stormy ocean!

klondike

Pity it's not a dinghy - then Border Farce would bring them in.  :grin: