Halloween Pets.

Started by Raven, October 27, 2022, 09:20:00 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 28, 2022, 12:17:11 PMbless him - we did try taking Fleur to obedience classes - not a good idea - to be fair, not her fault - mine. My poor hearing meant I never really had a clue as to what was going on, so we scrubbed the idea after about 4 sessions

We went to a proper Dog Training Club that's been around since the 60s, it's still going and have dogs that go to Crufts Obedience trials, also a team of collies for the Flyball.
A lot of the newer places are just puppy training and a few basics, they don't take it any further.

Michael Rolls

this was run by a young lady (whom, to be honest, I could not stand) but what she had achieved with her own dogs was very impressive. She told one of her dogs to fetch (with some modification I cannot remember) and the dog, a collie of some sort, on command went to a closed cupboard, nosed the door open, extracted the content, and dropped it at her feet - all on one word of command (I don't think Fleur was impressed at such subservience!)
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

1955vintage

The training lady flinched when I walked in with a basset, I am sure she only passed because I promised to not bring her back. She led the other dogs astray.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

My Beagle Granddogs are in charge of the house.  You cannot train a Beagle  :grin:   

Scrumpy

1955Vintage...
Love your Basset...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

years ago my first wife and I lived in a flat which was part of a large house with a large garden. Next door was similar and they had a Basset called Grommet. The couple who owned our house lived downstairs (would you believe, their surname was Royce!) and their daughter had a son, Johnny who was at the just about walking unaided stage - but not always. It was summer time and the folk next door were friends so Johnny, Grommet and up to half a dozen adults would be in the garden. When Johnny's balance betrayed and he sat down with a bump, Grommet would wander over to him and Johnny would get back to his feet by hanging onto one of Grommet's ears!
[email protected]

Raven

Lovely lol. My mum said I learned to walk by wrapping my fingers in one of the Old English Sheepies fur and toddled along what ever direction the the dog was going in at the time,  :smiley:

Michael Rolls

[email protected]