Shock. Horror. Who'd have guessed?

Started by klondike, November 20, 2023, 03:07:31 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Morning Ansu and welcome !

Perhaps there isn't enough work in Africa, but that shouldn't  mean that Europe takes in all those young men  !  It's not just jobs, they need schools, hospitals and most importantly homes.  We can't house all of Africa.

klondike

Given the numbers taken in by Germany I imagine the impact there could well be greater than we see here. I think the young are more tolerant than us oldies but wonder how long that will last. 

I saw a suggestion that net annual inward legal migration to June (or maybe July) this year which will be announced later this week is set to top the previous year's supposed exceptional 600,000 at around 700,000. All the public services are creaking despite a 70 year high tax burden and there can be little doubt why.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on November 22, 2023, 10:26:25 AMGiven the numbers taken in by Germany I imagine the impact there could well be greater than we see here. I think the young are more tolerant than us oldies but wonder how long that will last.

I suspect that 'the young' by and large have no concerns about immigrants taking their jobs (for less money), simply because so many of the young don't seem to work these days, taking advantage of free handouts instead!
I'm sure they'll change their minds when they're older!

It is encouraging to think that Germany and presumably much of west Europe have even more illegal immigrants than we do (apart from Londonistan of course).  That would suggest that the Channel is doing its best to stop them despite the Border Farce providing their taxi service.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on November 22, 2023, 11:16:04 AMI suspect that 'the young' by and large have no concerns about immigrants taking their jobs (for less money), simply because so many of the young don't seem to work these days, taking advantage of free handouts instead!
I'm sure they'll change their minds when they're older!
If Jeremy Hunt doesn't change it for them.

I've long been a huge advocate of benefit sanctions & in fact during my time with the DWP as it's now called, I said we should adopt the American Workfair system.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

ansu

I don't think it's due to the Channel that you have less immigrants than we have. 
We have lots of Ukrainian refugees besides the normal immigrants. The Ukrainian refugees get a special treatment here, because in one or the other way we think we have to make amends for the injustice caused by the Third Reich and they are also defending our freedom - the distance between Moscow and London is bigger than that between Moscow and Berlin.
In my opinion no other nation has taken on such a lot of guilt - see the Jews and  Israel at the moment. 
Some years ago I was in Israel and i visited the Holocaust museum - don't ask me what I felt.

JBR

Quote from: ansu on November 22, 2023, 02:45:51 PMI don't think it's due to the Channel that you have less immigrants than we have.
We have lots of Ukrainian refugees besides the normal immigrants. The Ukrainian refugees get a special treatment here, because in one or the other way we think we have to make amends for the injustice caused by the Third Reich and they are also defending our freedom - the distance between Moscow and London is bigger than that between Moscow and Berlin.
In my opinion no other nation has taken on such a lot of guilt - see the Jews and  Israel at the moment.
Some years ago I was in Israel and i visited the Holocaust museum - don't ask me what I felt.

Yes, I agree.
Immigrants from Ukraine are perfectly acceptable.  We have taken their side and support them.

Unfortunately, the immigrants who arrive here, especially the ones who come here illegally are certainly not our friends.  They come here for one, or actually two reasons: for the generous handouts we give them (you are no doubt aware of the four-star hotel rooms), and the likelihood that many of them are here to increase the number of our religious enemies in their long-term aim to take control of our country.

Alex

I agree  JB those are the reasons they come here.  For a few it's the language or family ties to UK, but the majority come here because they know they won't be sent back.

If you have nothing to hide, why wear a mask when landing on British beaches  ? and why throw away your passport or ID card  ?

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

ansu

You are all right, but you just forget one thing - often the whole clan is financing the trip and they expect to get the money plus interests back. Moreover, the UK and Europe are considered to be rich places, so  they have to support the family  at home and perhaps when they come back home they have to show that they are rich.
Here in Germany a status symbol for our Turks, for instance is a big car.
In France, for instance a car is a gadget you need to come from A to B. However, it's true rich French have a second big car in their garage. 
It's just a different mentality.
Of course, we all must find a way to cope with immigration. 

Alex

Quote from: ansu on November 26, 2023, 11:31:51 AM
Of course, we all must find a way to cope with immigration.

Why ?    The EU should have closed the borders years ago, wir schaffen das nicht Thank you Mutti not all of that influx stayed in Germany.

ansu

Some years ago I watched a documentary on the migrants starting to walk from Budapest to Germany and as far as I can judge, Angela Merkel had no chance of stopping them, so - even if she had another view - she had to tell to the Germans that "wir schaffen das". My personal opinion is we Germans also have to be blamed a bit - we support/supported a bit the view that we are a rich country by travelling around the world like champions, but forgot to tell that we have to work hard, too. There's no money lying on the street.
As to the young generation - generation Z called here - they no longer are keen on such a life - not only in Germany (some weeks ago I watched a discussion on French TV and they have the same problems) - some of them want to enjoy life by working as less as possible. Maybe this is easier in Germany than in the UK for instance.  

klondike

JBR

It sounds to me that both Germany and France share similar problems to us.

Yes, I was fully aware that due to the over-generous activities by our DHSS, the lazy young workshy people in Britain can sit at home in the sure knowledge that the government will keep handing out money for nothing.
Well, that money will run out before long, despite the idiot government thinking that importing more and more immigrants will provide all the workforce we need.

I am surprised, though, that Germany and France are as equally stupid as us.

Regardless of whether or not we rejoin the EU, we and the Europeans must join forces and agree to send away all of the invaders.  We collectively must have the strength to stand up to the do-gooder forces:
the ECHR, the UN, the House of Lords, etc, etc, and do what needs doing COLLECTIVELY.

Only by working together can we rid Europe of the invaders who we certainly do not need.

Scrumpy

The people should take much of the blame ..
If many are too lazy to work we will have to find others to do it..

And you bet that those lazy sods who can't be arsed to work are among the biggest moaners about 'foreigners taking our jobs'.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Traditionally global problems get sorted out with a big war. For some reason or other our colonial cousins have declared an embargo on export of just about all civilian guns and ammunition.

It could be that they really do wish to prevent it falling into hands of those that will destabilise world peace but as it is already obviously in the hands of those best known for that sort of thing I'm wondering if they have something up their sleeves they are keeping quiet.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-halts-exports-most-civilian-firearms-90-days-2023-10-27/

The Commerce Department did not provide further details for the pause, which also includes shotguns and optical sights, but said an urgent review will assess the "risk of firearms being diverted to entities or activities that promote regional instability, violate human rights, or fuel criminal activities