Main Menu

Sturgeon

Started by Alex, January 28, 2023, 08:55:54 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I know somebody who would have given you one hell of an argument on that  :grin:

I can see both sides of the Thatcher divide and can't make up my mind whether she created success or sowed the seeds of our decline. We could sure as hell do with having some of the industries her policies sent to the wall now.

Raven

klondike

So that make two then  :grin:  The one I was thinking of almost certainly won't be here arguing. Which is both a shame and mainly my fault.

Possibly more of course. 

Raven

Do you mean U.P.? I ended up putting her on ignore, she gave me headaches. :nooo:

klondike

No it's crabby. 

Being a miner he hated her with a vengeance. And the police which was why Wandering Walter made him flare up as he thought he was a retired copper. Whether he was or not I don't know but crabby caused him to bail out.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on June 19, 2023, 09:56:22 PM:angry: Bloody Woman. :nooo:
sorry needed to change a fact or two.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18275176.know-scotland-hasnt-voted-tory-half-century/
I know Scots who bought their corporation houses for a song through the Right to Buy. 😉. One of Maggie's more popular ideas. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

And now we have a desperate shortage of council houses.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GrannyMac

Quote from: 1955vintage on June 20, 2023, 06:32:50 PMAnd now we have a desperate shortage of council houses.
At least the Scottish government have withdrawn the Right to Buy. Council housing is more widely available there.  Westminster don't have the nerve to follow suit.

My point was that left wing politics often take a back seat when it comes to money.  Although in my years working in housing I did meet one tenant, a trade union lecturer, who stuck to his political principles, and didn't buy his council property.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 19, 2023, 11:05:33 PMI know Scots who bought their corporation houses for a song through the Right to Buy. 😉. One of Maggie's more popular ideas.
Am I correct in thinking that council houses in Scotland are called 'The Scheme'?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]