I had wondered if this was a possibility for Boris...

Started by klondike, June 12, 2023, 09:51:44 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GHF

I have only twice in my life not voted Conservative but if
the shower that is in government are typical modern
Tories, no way will I vote for them again. That leaves us
with the Labour Party and the also-rans. The Labour
Party leader seems a decent bloke but he just hasn't got
'it.'

Oh, woe is us.

klondike

Yes. There must be a lot of politically dispossessed as both main parties look very much the same as the LibDems.

I've been a life long Conservative voter except when Heath made such a dog's breakfast of things rather that not voting at all which was my inclination I voted for the traditional party of protest knowing that doing so was not much different from spoiling my ballot or not voting at all.

This time around I'll vote Reform. A complete also ran but I'd love them to get enough support to drop a hint what the plebs would vote for.

Ashy

Quote from: Cassandra on June 12, 2023, 06:05:00 PMHis wife won't let him, she'd rather he stands for Brighton & Hove as a Green!
Wives can become former wives. Just sayin'

klondike

Obviously still together. At least recently anyway as she's pregnant again with a third child. I reckon she wears the pants in that marriage. Probably as well. Boris is known to have problems keeping his zipped.

JBR

I believe that the 'Lib-Con' party has now had it.  They will sink to the level of support of the Lib-Dems.

As many are suggesting, it is likely that the Marxists - er, sorry, the Labour party - will form the next government.  Such is the way that most British voters think: blue or red, alternately, incessantly, at least for well over 100 years.

Of course, Labour only emerged as a governing party in the early years of the 20th century, and that was driven by the working classes being attracted to a new party which would stand up for them.

Well, over a hundred years later, we now have a new party - Reform UK, and also Reclaim which could form an alliance with Reform.  Just like Labour over a century ago, these are new parties without any representation in the Commons but, just like Labour, they have appeared on the scene at a time when many people are afraid that they are no longer being represented by the 'two main parties'.

I shall certainly be voting for Reform (or Reclaim, whichever stands in my constituency) as, from what I read, will many others.

If nothing else, the next GE will be either a time of joy, or a great disappointment for many more years to come.  It will, at least, give the press a lot to write about!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: Ashy on June 18, 2023, 10:05:23 AMWives can become former wives. Just sayin'

Yes good point and the way Bois appoints and disappoints them this latest 'arrangement' probably only has a few years left. It all goes to show, how weak his core values are and perhaps how his fetish for the opposite sex can easily re-write them?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

When you think about it Macron formed the En Marche party and 12 months later he was President of France !   

It can be done, but perhaps the French are more adventurous than we Brits ?  :grin:  :grin: 

klondike

GHF

Is Reform anything other than hot air and - as yet - empty 
promises? Have they any real substance?

I'm just curious, not fault-finding.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on June 18, 2023, 11:29:41 AMI shall certainly be voting for Reform (or Reclaim, whichever stands in my constituency) as, from what I read, will many others.

If nothing else, the next GE will be either a time of joy, or a great disappointment for many more years to come.  It will, at least, give the press a lot to write about!
So will I, it's no use me moaning if I don't put my X where my mouth is.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: GHF on June 20, 2023, 12:28:53 PMIs Reform anything other than hot air and - as yet - empty

You should really be asking that question about the big 3. They are all terminally useless. Do Reform have any chance of getting a seat? Well no because people still keep doing the same old thing hoping things will turn out differently the next time. That Einstein bloke had something to say about that sort of thing...

JBR

Quote from: GHF on June 20, 2023, 12:28:53 PMIs Reform anything other than hot air and - as yet - empty

All politicians promise the world and then, when they are elected, they conveniently forget their promises.
That's what I call hot air.
And even worse, the same idiots keep voting for them!

At least Reform is something new.  I haven't read their manifesto yet, but whatever they promise I think we should give them a fair chance.
Only then, if they are elected and fail to stand by what they have published, criticise them by all means.

I have said this many times in the past: we get what we deserve.
As it is likely that either Conservatives or Labour (most likely the latter) will form the next government.
If so, the people of Britain will certainly have got what they deserve.
They say that you can't cure stupid!

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on June 20, 2023, 09:33:38 PMI have said this many times in the past: we get what we deserve.
As it is likely that either Conservatives or Labour (most likely the latter) will form the next government.
If so, the people of Britain will certainly have got what they deserve.
They say that you can't cure stupid!
Well I don't think you & I, as Reform voters, will have got what we deserve, we'll just have to endure the mess that other's have foisted on us.

But that's ok as it's democratic stupidity.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on June 20, 2023, 10:22:25 PMWell I don't think you & I, as Reform voters, will have got what we deserve, we'll just have to endure the mess that other's have foisted on us.

But that's ok as it's democratic stupidity.
Of course we who have voted for Reform would have nothing to criticise ourselves for, and wouldn't ourselves deserve what damage the Labour party (presumably) bring down on the country.

I should have said that the majority of people who voted for a known incapable and biased party are the ones who would get what they deserve.
Of course, we would all suffer.

As you say, that's democracy.