Main Menu

Sturgeon

Started by Alex, January 28, 2023, 08:55:54 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Where next for wee Nicola ? she seems to have split the Scottish public with her crazy 'trans' ideas.  Another trans man has managed to get approval for a move to a female prison.  Tiffany Scott, formerly known as Andrew Burns has stalked a 13-year-old girl and attacked female staff while held in a men's prison.  Gawd knows what "Tiffany's" next crime will be.

That UN job Nicola craved looks very far away now......

JBR

I'm surprised that so many Scots vote for her.
Is it some sort of protest vote?
As I understand it, she stands for an independent Scotland, but I've heard it said in several places that the majority of Scots want to remain part of the UK.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Quote from: JBR on January 28, 2023, 09:02:37 PMI'm surprised that so many Scots vote for her.
As I understand it, she stands for an independent Scotland, but I've heard it said in several places that the majority of Scots want to remain part of the UK.

Certain wealthy, mostly Tory parts want to stay, but lots of areas want away from Westminster rule. There is no trust anymore.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on January 28, 2023, 09:09:34 PMCertain wealthy, mostly Tory parts want to stay, but lots of areas want away from Westminster rule. There is no trust anymore.
I can well understand that these days, of course.  But I have seen figures that show the majority want to keep the UK.  I can only assume that many of that majority don't think it's worth voting!

Raven

That's possible. Myself included. I'm totally sick of it all. As I keep saying....If it happens it happens if not then it doesn't. I refuse to get all hot and bothered about it. :lipsrsealed:

Alex

If you can open this it's a clip of an ITV interview with Sturgeon, never seen her so agitated !

https://twitter.com/i/status/1620096486230085632

klondike

I'm pretty much certain that anybody can see it - no login required. Beware that it autorepeats. I reckon I saw it several times over before I realised  :rolleyes:

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on January 28, 2023, 09:02:37 PMI'm surprised that so many Scots vote for her.
I'm not. As a born and bred Scot, I believe the name is the key.  Policies don't really matter, nationalism is what has given them success. The word 'Scottish' in the name of the party sold it.  I'd imagine free prescriptions and free university tuition is popular, not too sure about the extra income tax though.  But the tide is definitely turning. 

Thanks for the clip Alex, embarrassing isn't it. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

Mel Gibson has a lot to answer for.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 30, 2023, 06:07:50 PMI'm not. As a born and bred Scot, I believe the name is the key.  Policies don't really matter, nationalism is what has given them success. The word 'Scottish' in the name of the party sold it.  I'd imagine free prescriptions and free university tuition is popular, not too sure about the extra income tax though.  But the tide is definitely turning.

That surprises me, Gran.
The problem is that if Scotland became an independent country, as the SNP wishes, free prescriptions and free university places wouldn't continue for long, I'm sure.
As part of the UK, Scotland receives more money than any other part of the UK, certainly England anyway.
Naturally, the Barnett Formula would end if Scotland left the UK.
Worse still, it has been suggested that Scotland would even become bankrupt, unless it was accepted as an EU member, and I'm afraid that that is not a certainty.

Michael Rolls

I have never seen La Nicola so flustered, and so unconvincing, before. She really got herself tied up in knots!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on January 30, 2023, 06:27:31 PMThat surprises me, Gran.
The problem is that if Scotland became an independent country, as the SNP wishes, free prescriptions and free university places wouldn't continue for long, I'm sure.
As part of the UK, Scotland receives more money than any other part of the UK, certainly England anyway.
Naturally, the Barnett Formula would end if Scotland left the UK.
Worse still, it has been suggested that Scotland would even become bankrupt, unless it was accepted as an EU member, and I'm afraid that that is not a certainty.
I agree.  But there is a cohort who don't accept that, they see Scotland as being treated less favourably, and genuinely believe it'll be the land of milk and honey without England getting the best of everything.

Nicola would do better to concentrate on the drugs problem rather than pander to trans criminals.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

absolutely - despite a little while back saying solving the problem was a top priority, it is getting worse
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

She is trying to defend the indefensible, by the same logic "trans men" should be in men's prison's? which I think the interviewer was getting at? just put the buggers in the segregation wing of the prison for their real sex, simple.

The whole thing is mad and I think our Nicola has taken on more than she can chew by getting bogged down in this irrelevant rubbish. She has a  major cost of living crisis, the NHS is on it's knees, drugs problems, who cares about a few freaks when there are more important things to worry about.

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 31, 2023, 08:06:01 AMI agree.  But there is a cohort who don't accept that, they see Scotland as being treated less favourably, and genuinely believe it'll be the land of milk and honey without England getting the best of everything.

Nicola would do better to concentrate on the drugs problem rather than pander to trans criminals.
Less favourable?
I tell you, that if I were younger and free to move to Scotland, I think I would do so.
From what I hear, the health service up there leaves ours standing, universities (at least some of them) are some of the best available, less tax (of various kinds), etc, etc.
Scotland, to my English eyes anyway, appears to be 'the land of milk and honey'.
What, exactly, do the SNP supporters want to be done differently to how they are now?