having a go at,

Started by alfred, January 22, 2022, 12:23:16 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Yes many years ago i decided i was going to make a large family cake  and so my wife left it to me and so being all alone in the kitchen i started,
some time later a lady visitor arrived and my wife said to her your just in time as Alfred has made a nice family sized cake,

moments later i walked into the living room with cups saucers , tea pot , sugar, and milk. and cups and saucers .
then next with pride in i walked with the cake even my wife thought how lovely it looked and the lady visitor also commented as they looked on eager with anticipation of having a generous slice of the cake ......

EXCEPT THE LARGE KNIFE couldn't cut through the cake because it was soft in the middle and not thoroughly cooked in the centre, evidently i had forgotten to put the knife into the centre of the cake to test it to see that it had been properly cooked ,

strangely  enough i never attempted any more cake baking again ,
     so yes youve guessed it i buy them from the shop instead,

Q; have you ever tried either cooking or baking , and if so how did you get on , and will you share your memories with us,

Scrumpy

Alfred, you are a dream.. Well done for trying..

I made a rhubarb crumble for a Sunday lunch that some friends were coming to..
I went to take it out of the oven when , all of a sudden it slid to the floor.. upside down.!!
Just me and my best mate was in the kitchen.. My jaw dropped open wide and we stared at one another.. Without a word we scooped it up off the floor and put it back in the dish..  Covered with cream/ custard it looked ok when put in dishes..
Everyone enjoyed it.. Afterwards I told my mates where the crumble had been !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Once cooked a fancy chicken recipe - followed the directions to the letter - and I don't know were it went wrong, but the cooking time was way too short - binned it. Couldn't just carry on cooking as I was due to present it to a group at a specific time
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]