TV stuff

Started by zoony, January 04, 2022, 01:48:33 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Quote from: Jacqueline on January 04, 2022, 06:16:09 PM
I can't say I like many of the new series coming out but give them a go, often don't carry on watching after the first episode.
Tsk tsk all those electrons going to waste. Think of the planet.

zoony

I'm enjoying The Tourist more than I expected. I mean, amnesic stranger lost in the Outback.. Not a huge amount one can do with that but fair play to the writer(s), I'm on episode 4 and still intrigued. The story is being very nicely told..

zoony

Around The World In 80 Days?  What was wrong with telling the original, charming and funny story that Jules Verne wrote!? Unrecognizable, woke tripe is what we got. At least we still have David Niven's brilliant 1956 version which, for me, will remain the definitive one. I'd make every kid over 10 who watched this steaming pile of ordure read the blasted book!  [1090]

Jacqueline

Around the World in 80 days was one of my watch the first episode then no more.  Quite agree with you Zoony, load of rubbish, not a patch on the David Nivan version.

TREBOR

Ive been watchin "The Crown" again from episode one. I also watched the whole of "The Handmaids Tale" again.

There is a wonderful series called "Motherland" about competition among school mums to be top of the heap.

Jacqueline

Trebor, are you watching the Crown on Netflix? don't think you can get it anywhere else can you?

GrannyMac

Quote from: zoony on January 04, 2022, 07:58:55 PM
I'm enjoying The Tourist more than I expected. I mean, amnesic stranger lost in the Outback.. Not a huge amount one can do with that but fair play to the writer(s), I'm on episode 4 and still intrigued. The story is being very nicely told..

We're watching it too, and enjoying it.  Also watching Four Lives, based on a real killer, Stephen Port. Decided not to watch 'Anne' as mentioned by Alex.  The topic is very emotive locally still, and used to be the focus if much discussion on a local forum.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

zoony

Finished The Tourist last night Mac.. and it didn't disappoint. :smiley:

GrannyMac

Good to know. We're watching on terrestrial so no spoilers please!  [1150]

zoony

GrannyMac

I know, but others may... :wink:

klondike

Is that the one where an airliner crashes in the last episode  killing them all?

zoony

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on January 06, 2022, 01:16:55 PM
Is that the one where an airliner crashes in the last episode  killing them all?

[2090] [2090]

Countryman

Secrets of the Salisbury Poisonings is on Prime Video at the moment. On my watchlist to see asap.