TV stuff

Started by zoony, January 04, 2022, 01:48:33 AM

« previous - next »

zoony

If I can ask, of the new tv series', what's everybody watching? Anyone tried 'The Tourist'?

klondike

I've been off TV of late. Possibly dropping the licence is the reason that so I've mostly been watching Amazon Prime lately. I will be interested to hear what gets recommended though - more stuff to download and add to the terrabytes of stuff I've downloaded and not got around to watching.

Alex

I watched part one of "Anne" on ITV catch up, the story of one ordinary Mum who took on the British establishment.  For me it was heart breaking to watch and not a programme you could ' binge' watch.  Part 2 I'll watch tonight.

crabbyob

i thoroughly enjoy watching Yellowstone,and the main actress in it is fabulous
Kelly Reiley from England has been added to my wish list at 45 she is 'lustfull'
and i dont often go for older women....ok i will get my coat... :cowboy:

Alex

Where are you watching Yellowstone crabbyob ?   I saw the first couple of series on Ch. 5 and thought it was really good, but then Kevin Costner would be good in anything  :cool:

crabbyob

i'm afraid its on 'myTV' and is ongoing, i will have a look on Netflix too just incase
i watched the latest episode last night...

Raven

There's two new series starting this month I think they're on ITV, One them has some of the cast from Line Of Duty in it, looks good. I can't remember the name of either of the darn things now, think the cold has frozen what passes for my brain. :embarrassed:
I'll post the names here when I can remember.

zoony

Quote from: crabbyob on January 04, 2022, 12:13:23 PM
i'm afraid its on 'myTV' and is ongoing, i will have a look on Netflix too just incase
i watched the latest episode last night...

I'm a big fan of Yellowstone and Costner (always have been) so I thought I'd enjoy the prequel, '1883' and I was right. Anyone started it? It's Yellowstone before there was a Yellowstone and the story of it's discovery by settlers etc and Costner's father/grandfather.. Excellent.

Countryman

We have so many programmes on our Sky Planner that it almost feels like homework to watch them! We have Netflix and I subscribe to Amazon Prime, but in all honestly watch very little from these platforms. I have a note to watch Tender Bar (Netflix, from 7th Jan) and The Grand Tour (Prime, now), but really have to restrict recording/watching too many new series.

klondike

Quote from: Alex on January 04, 2022, 12:07:51 PM
Where are you watching Yellowstone crabbyob ?   I saw the first couple of series on Ch. 5 and thought it was really good, but then Kevin Costner would be good in anything  :cool:
After seeing the chat I took a trip to Zoony's Video Emporium and seasons 1 to 4 are available there. I grabbed them earler when I saw mention of them. No idea when I'll watch 'em though.

Raven

Remembered the names of the new Series on ITV for this month.
Series 2 of "The Bay" and "Triggerpoint"

Vicky McClure and Adrian Lester star in Triggerpoint, a six part thriller written by newcomer Daniel Brierly and produced by Jed Mercurio.  The drama turns the spotlight on counter terrorism policing and the extraordinary work of the Metropolitan Police Bomb Disposal Squad.

zoony

It seems to me that whenever I watch one of Mercurio's 'hits', it's full of men with men so I avoid 'em and him.. :grin:

klondike

Soon to be compusary viewing  :nooo:

zoony

Not on my screens mate. :tongue:

Jacqueline

New series of Call the Midwife started last Sunday, and new episodes of Vera starting next week.   I have the Tourist on record, I can't say I like many of the new series coming out but give them a go, often don't carry on watching after the first episode.