Gary Linchbargh, Lincoln, Linklater, Linderland, Lindbalm Suspended by the BBC.

Started by Diasi, March 10, 2023, 07:41:12 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Jacob Rees-Mogg, Kelvin MacKenzie & Lloyd Russell-Moyle have done a brilliant joint piss-take on Lineker.

https://bit.ly/3JbgAJ3
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Very good  :upvote:   If Gary Lineker wasn't black he'd have been sacked by now  :wink:  :wink:

March 10, 2023, 09:22:42 PM
Just read Alan Shearer has told the Beeb he won't be on MOTD tomorrow night.  What a sheep !

New presenters for Saturday night Match of the Day
[/url]

Diasi

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

I was hoping that Match of the Day would be cancelled & replaced by some stock car racing so that us non-football fans are catered for.

Anyway, why do football fans need a load of overpaid tossers, with debatable IQ levels, to tell them if & how a goal's been scored.
[email protected]

klondike

Lovely row going on.

Oberleutnant Lineker suspended from Match of the Day. None of the other presenters will take it on. Going ahead with no presenter. Sounds like an excellent way for the BBC to save money to me. Perhaps they could reintroduce the free licence for over 75s.

I love to see an organisation I despise slugging it out with an overpaid self important arse. I suspect that the Tories do too. Bringing attention to their plan may even bring them some votes. From the gullible anyway.

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on March 11, 2023, 08:01:26 AMI was hoping that Match of the Day would be cancelled & replaced by some stock car racing so that us non-football fans are catered for.

Anyway, why do football fans need a load of overpaid tossers, with debatable IQ levels, to tell them if & how a goal's been scored.

WE DON'T !  :yahoo:

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

https://order-order.com/2023/03/12/23-audience-surge-for-lineker-free-match-of-the-day/

23% AUDIENCE SURGE FOR LINEKER-FREE MATCH OF THE DAY
According to the BBC's Lizo Mzimba, last night's Match of the Day was watched by 2.58 million TV viewers on BBC One. Up nearly half a million on last Saturday's figure of 2.09 million according to the BARB overnights. This was the show's biggest audience this year.

An impressive audience increase of 23.4% for the new format platitude and cliché free version of Match of the Day. Political fans of Lineker are claiming that this it is due to rubber-necking, Guido's pretty certain that they would have been making a very different claim if the #BoycottMOTD campaign had succeeded. Football without punditry could be the future. Would save TV licence fee payers millions...

Pretty much what I said earlier  :grin:

Alex

The BBC have rolled over and St Gary has to have the last word doesn't he ?

Gary Lineker 💙💛
@GaryLineker
·
5h
A final thought: however difficult the last few days have been, it simply doesn't compare to having to flee your home from persecution or war to seek refuge in a land far away. It's heartwarming to have seen the empathy towards their plight from so many of you. 3/4

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on March 13, 2023, 03:19:23 PMThe BBC have rolled over and St Gary has to have the last word doesn't he ?

Gary Lineker 💙💛
@GaryLineker
·
5h
A final thought: however difficult the last few days have been, it simply doesn't compare to having to flee your home from persecution or war to seek refuge in a land far away. It's heartwarming to have seen the empathy towards their plight from so many of you. 3/4
I agree with what he says for those fleeing war, but the buggers coming here are not, they just think our streets are paved with gold, want what we have got (and paid for in our taxes) and will do anything to get it. It might be a good idea if he actually met some of these arrogant young men he is happy to inflict in their hundreds at a time in hotels in small villages.

klondike

I dunno. It can get pretty rough in France at times and that's where they are all coming from.

Mind you it will be the same here soon unless those useless sods in government stop the dinghy boys.